Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Anglia spindles

tswenson27

I have hallcraft wheels on the front of my bucket. I was wondering if there are hubs that i can put on to convert it to a bolt on wheel?

I guess i'm not sure if they are anglia for sure. How do i know for sure what they are? I have hallcraft spoke wheels on them right now. They have a square 4 bolt surface on the king pin side. I just bought the car about 2 months ago and don't know much about it. It had been sitting in a garage for the last 30 years.

I think it's time to ask for a picture. As for running Anglia spimdles on the street, It can be done. I know of a few here that have been used for many many miles. I personaly would go with "37 to '48 Fords.

Ron

I think it's time to ask for a picture. As for running Anglia spimdles on the street, It can be done. I know of a few here that have been used for many many miles. I personaly would go with "37 to '48 Fords.

Ron

Hi
When you say Anglia are you talking about the British Anglia (like in a Gasser). If so I ran these on my first T for years. Only problem was the Kingpins needed redoing every 12 - 18 months and that was with a 4 banger.
Gerry
B the way this picture was taken in 1972 so no jokes please

Foxy-Lady-1978.gif

Yup ... those are the ones. Best set-up I've seen was to modify the king pins for needle bearings.

Ron

Thanks guys, bear with me i'm new at this. I appreciate every bit of info that i can get. I am a mopar guy that has always wanted a bucket. found this one and don't know a lot about it. I will try post some photos here tomorrow, it is telling me that my photos are too large or something. i will try it again though. Thanks again everyone.

Ok, so i found out that they are 42-48 ford spindles. I found hubs from wilwood but i am looking for a more old look. I want to find a set of cast hubs or steel hubs. Any one know where i can find those? i was looking at some trailer hubs but dont know if i could find the right bearings for them or not.

define old look.... as in early Ford ('39 to '48 or F-1or F-100)

Ron

Just find a stock set of early ford hubs, what type of brakes do you like? You can run the stock ford brakes also, or spend more money and switch to disk brakes, many options out there.. Whatever you decide, ride safe :) PS, I ran wire wheels testing them for other Companies for a couple of years, I had no real problems with any of them, but I used to watch the spokes flex in the turns, so I like solid wheels best for the street now.. :thinkn:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back