Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Another Kiwi

Grajo

Hi all. Graham from Christchurch, New Zealand here. I've been checking this forum on and off for the last couple of months and thought I'd post a little bit on my '23 ride built back between '83-'85. Memory is a bit hazy now but I think it was 96" wheelbase, dropped '32 axle and four bars at front, '57 9" diff with model 'A' spring at the other end . Engine was 402 BB, twin 390 holleys on Weiand tunnelram but this got changed later to to a single 650 on a lower manifold.Trans was modified Turbo 400. Front wheels were 16" Suzuki with custom built hubs and Suzuki discs. Steering box was Australian Holden. Body and tray were locally made fibreglass items while radiator surround was '17 Dodge with Jeep core. Other hand built items included the screen frame, headers, and lots of other brackets etc. Black vinyl interior, B & M shifter , fibreglass rear spoiler turned upside down and moulded to the body became the dashboard. Colour is Mitsubishi Morello Cherry with 'Z' graphics which were all the rage back then.
I didn't own it as long as I should have as with a growing family it was swapped for a '39 Sedan. I believe the bucket has been in storage in a dismantled state for some years now.......... sure would like to have it back !
Will upload some photos once I resize them....

Welcome to the forum Grajo, I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures.

:welcome: There are several members on here from your side of the world,with some very nice cars. Hope you can find a way to get your t bucket back and get it put together. Occasional there are some car shows from New Zeeland on the speed channel that are excellent. I am sure you will enjoy being on here

Welcome aboard! :popcorn:

DSC03457.JPGDSC03455.JPG
Hi all. Graham from Christchurch, New Zealand here. I've been checking this forum on and off for the last couple of months and thought I'd post a little bit on my '23 ride built back between '83-'85. Memory is a bit hazy now but I think it was 96" wheelbase, dropped '32 axle and four bars at front, '57 9" diff with model 'A' spring at the other end . Engine was 402 BB, twin 390 holleys on Weiand tunnelram but this got changed later to to a single 650 on a lower manifold.Trans was modified Turbo 400. Front wheels were 16" Suzuki with custom built hubs and Suzuki discs. Steering box was Australian Holden. Body and tray were locally made fibreglass items while radiator surround was '17 Dodge with Jeep core. Other hand built items included the screen frame, headers, and lots of other brackets etc. Black vinyl interior, B & M shifter , fibreglass rear spoiler turned upside down and moulded to the body became the dashboard. Colour is Mitsubishi Morello Cherry with 'Z' graphics which were all the rage back then.
I didn't own it as long as I should have as with a growing family it was swapped for a '39 Sedan. I believe the bucket has been in storage in a dismantled state for some years now.......... sure would like to have it back !
Will upload some photos once I resize them....

Hi again... Thank you for your welcoming comments. I managed to fiddle with my photo file and came up with these pics. I have more taken during construction which I'll post later.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back