Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Another Kiwi

gudgyz

Hi All,
Another kiwi on the forum, had a couple of T projects in the past, one that was quite quick (11 sec 1/4 at 125) and started 26/27 RPU about six months ago. Steel body, widened 4" lengthened 5", 130" wheelbase, parrallel leaves front & rear, with underslung front end. Below are a couple of pic's of current project.
Kevin

Early shot
attachment.php

Body cut
attachment.php

Front shot, its low!
Fronton.jpg

Welcome to the forum gudgyz, it looks like you're off to a great start on your latest project. Keep us updated on your progress.

That big area on the rear is a great place for the barby. Welcome to the forum a great place to meet and trade ideas with the best guys in the world.

rooster57 said:
That big area on the rear is a great place for the barby.

Most of the space (actually all of it behind the diff) is taken up with fuel tank. I like to drive a lot so have fitted a tank from a light truck, about 100-110 litres which should give me reasonable range. I guessing once i get the six carbs on the 454, with 4.11 gears, the economy is not going to be so good.
tankmockedup.jpg

Heres a few pic's of my old T, ran 12.0 at 120 in nostalgia trim and 11.0 at 125 without the NOS. Street driven about 5000 miles a year, and several hundred passes down the quarter as well.

very cool ride. Do u have problems getting old parts there???

No theres tons of old stuff around here, you just got to know where to look. Theres old cars and rods a plenty on the roads down here. In my home town area of about 3000 people theres a T tourer, A tourer, A tudor, 38 Sedan that are driven all year round. I also know where theres a 36 Chrysler Sedan, Model T Truck, Model A truck all within a couple of miles of home as well.

Got a bit of work done on the T today, finished cutting and hammering the frame horns for the front of the chassis, these will house the parrallel leaves on the front end. I have reduced the kickup on these from the temp plates i mocked up on the chassis as i want to lift the car another 1" or so. Me and a buddy, both big guys, sat in it today and gound clearance dropped to about 4", not really enough with the 130" wheelbase.
Just got to get them welded, then checked/tested prior to welding on to the chassis.

:welcome: Glad your here Gudgyz I see a lot of unusual features in your car how wide is your farme between your rear wheels in your first pic? :lol:...Francis

Now thats what im talkin bout!!! Hot rod building from scratch. No kit builders down under. Keep the pics comin.

Francis Blake said:
:welcome: Glad your here Gudgyz I see a lot of unusual features in your car how wide is your farme between your rear wheels in your first pic? :lol:...Francis

28" wide from front of chassis to cowl, 43" wide at back of body to back of chassis. I set the rear chassis width to fit the std leaf springs of the donor diff. The bit that gets most folk is the 20" of kickup at the rear, a lot of steel & bracing gone into there to make it strong.

attachment.php

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back