Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

another update

akitagandy

I finally got the brakes hooked up and bled (I HATE BRAKE LINES) all I need now is to run the fuel line and then bolt the body on and all the little stuff

Attachments

• 100_1708small.JPG
    100_1708small.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 161
I finally got the brakes hooked up and bled (I HATE BRAKE LINES) all I need now is to run the fuel line and then bolt the body on and all the little stuff
Great looking.Going to a be a cool looking car.BUT the only thing i see that is wrong is your distributor is in the wrong end of the engine.LOL

nice looking take the shifter handle off then you won't have to lift so high.lol

Looks great!! What color is the bodywork and interior going to be?

Russ

Akitagandy,
I really think that what you have built so far has a clean and pro look, very nice.
when are you going to clean the workbench LOL..................ruggs

I picked up two 3/8 stock lengths from napa 3 foot each and offset it to go up the kickup and braided to the carb and rubber line to the tank.

What Rooster57 said.
You can use an inverted flare tool, by stopping short, to creat a "barb" on the rubber line end of the hard line. then your rubber line won't come off and burn all your work to the ground.

Russ

I used stainless brake and fuel lines on mine. Never do it again. It looked pretty but it was a pain to flare.

I used stainless brake and fuel lines on mine. Never do it again. It looked pretty but it was a pain to flare.

Hey
Is that the double annealed stuff you can buy? Like to know because i am just about to get some?
gerry

the 3/8 line i got from NAPA was 2 three foot lenghts and it had fittings on both ends so i just put a 3/8 coupling on each end and the middle and inatalled a barb for the tank and my AN fitting for the line to the carb

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back