Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

another wood ?

brians306

I understand that one has to put wood for the floor and seat. but is it totally necessary to wood the sides and perimeter. I am only gonna run a short windshield and no upholstery other than a seat. Thanks Brian

You have to do the floor and it would be highly recommended to do around the top of the body with some small pieces of 1 x 2s. This will ad a lot of strength to the body. Unless this is a drag race only body.

I know of a bucket that's been on the road for several years (maybe 12 or so)It has no interior just a pair of VW seats bolted to the floor. He took a piece of old garden hose and glassed it around the top of the body. There was no added support for the windshield (ran just the lower half) and after a couple of years he added a 10ga. plate behind the posts.

Ron

I understand that one has to put wood for the floor and seat. but is it totally necessary to wood the sides and perimeter. I am only gonna run a short windshield and no upholstery other than a seat. Thanks Brian

If you have a CCR body then no you don't have to wood it.

I actually fiberglassed in a steel rod under the lip to make it a little more rigid around the top.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back