Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Any idea?

thomas

Hey Fred, any idea when you will be getting your body? Looking forward to seeing you in your next video sitting in that bucket.;)

thomas:)

:lol:Funny you should mention that, Thomas. Today was a day of reflection, of sorts, for me. I have really been taking my time (due to money) on this build and I realised today that I was REALLY starting to pour a lot of stress and pressure on myself all of a sudden. Yea, having what I have now, I was getting the "itch". The sudden need to "Hurry up and get her done!!!". In my past, this has lead to failure and disappointment. Not wanting to do either, I'm going to get back on the path that I started. I'll get the things I need, that will make the body go in smooth and easy, first. The shifter, gas tank stuff and the steering column. I may not put them on, I just want to have them ready. In the meantime, I'll be stting aside the bucks for the body. I may even take up Brian on Totals layaway plan to keep on track and secure the price. I feel a price increase coming. In a nut shell, I may not have my body until about March:sad: or even April:cry:. And that is if Total has one ready to ship immediately, which I kinda doubt.

I'm a lot futher on my build than I anticipated and that is a great feeling. I've done a lot of planning and research all the while. My gut is telling me to slow down and go back to what got me where I am now. It will come, when it comes.

Of course, I have a date tomorrow with my "well to do" girlfriend. I may wear my pouty face and begging pads. Hey, I have plenty of pride to spare.:D

On a tech note, I did decide on the '28/'29 chrome grill shell. My main problem was with the hieght of it. It seems to run about 29" length. It will fit, but the clearance to the ground was not to my liking. So, I'm going to cut it to fit and fab a nice metal plate to go between the shell and the front spring plate. I'll paint it to match my chassis and secure it with chrome button head bolts. This will do 3 things:

1. It will hide where I cut the shell at and make it look more finished.
2. I can run the wires for my lights under that panel.
3. I can attach my signal lights to that panel.
4. I could pin stripe it and paint the name of my car on it.

I also found a new logo for my car today!:lol: Meet the new........

Miss Behavin' !

miss_behavin0003.jpg

Opps! I can't seem to count!:eek::D Notice how the colors of the new logo match my chassis. I plan to put one on each side of the cowl or the P/U bed and paint her name next to them. I think it will look kinda cool.

Fred ya need to slow down just a tad Bro.Just think how far you have come in the little time you've been building her.And to really hit home add your reciets up.You've got alot of blood,sweat,and i'm sure tears.Ie busted knuckles in her.Now the body will come.You still need to eat.HEHE.I was in my garage pert neer 24/7.IN THE &^%$#@*&^%in snow freezing my %^$#@@# off so dude maybe mama clause will bring the body.Don't do like i did and go crazy thats all that was/is HEHE on my mind.Reflect my man on what was and what will be.P.S. If any of this makes any sence to you then youre as nutty as i am.MERRY CHRISTMAS DUDE

I might even mount one of these Mooneyes coolant recovery tanks on that front plate. It's 5" in diameter, 10" wide and holds about 3 quarts. I measured and it would fit perfectly and add a little "racer" look to the frontend.

coolant_tank.jpg

Rick said:
Fred ya need to slow down just a tad Bro.Just think how far you have come in the little time you've been building her.And to really hit home add your reciets up.You've got alot of blood,sweat,and i'm sure tears.Ie busted knuckles in her.Now the body will come.You still need to eat.HEHE.I was in my garage pert neer 24/7.IN THE &^%$#@*&^%in snow freezing my %^$#@@# off so dude maybe mama clause will bring the body.Don't do like i did and go crazy thats all that was/is HEHE on my mind.Reflect my man on what was and what will be.P.S. If any of this makes any sence to you then youre as nutty as i am.MERRY CHRISTMAS DUDE

Then I be your fellow nut!:D I added my reciepts about 3 weeks ago and was at about $7,200.:eek: It sure didn't seem like it and I got my motor for cheap! So, I'm $2,800 from my pre-planned max and it will be close, if not a little more. I'll continue to keep my eyes open for stuff for sale and I'll slow down and think things out before jumpin'.

Merry Christmas to you too!:lol:

Stuff sure adds up quick don't it?I made ALOT of the things on my car and like i said i got a ton in it but one good thing about it MINES ON THE ROAD AND YOURS ISNT NA,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA.

Rick said:
Stuff sure adds up quick don't it?I made ALOT of the things on my car and like i said i got a ton in it but one good thing about it MINES ON THE ROAD AND YOURS ISNT NA,NA,NA,NA,NA,NA.

:lol:That's true, my friend, but I'll get there one day and be looking from the good side of the fence.:D

Hey, what do you think about that idea for the space between the front of my grill and the spring perch? Sound like it could look okay?

The puke tank may be a little too much, but it's a thought.

I don't know what ya need to do is get a large coffee can and wrap it in a bath towel or something and put it where you want it.Might be to much up there.Remember "Keep It Simple"

:lol:Hmm.... while that might work and would be simple... I think I'll go with what I have planned, for now, anyway.

Oh by the way i think that NEW lady would look bitchin on the side of your car.Your build is going good now Fred just the way you planned it dont drift from the original plan or trust me you will not like the results.

Rick said:
Oh by the way i think that NEW lady would look bitchin on the side of your car.Your build is going good now Fred just the way you planned it dont drift from the original plan or trust me you will not like the results.

Thanks for the words of advice. I'm glad I have people who have been where I am to set me straight. It sure is easy to get carried away the more you see the light at the end.

tfeverfred said:
:lol:That's true, my friend, but I'll get there one day and be looking from the good side of the fence.:welcome:

Hey, what do you think about that idea for the space between the front of my grill and the spring perch? Sound like it could look okay?

The puke tank may be a little too much, but it's a thought.

The NEW Rod and Custom has a T in it that has a moony tank up front don't look so pretty good though.

Thanks, I'll check it out. It seemed a bit too much, but it was a thought. Keepin' it simple.:welcome:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back