Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Anybody do anything today?

tfeverfred

I readjusted the push rod on my master cylinder. The push rod seemed like it was right up against the M/C piston. I backed the rod off a 1/4 turn. Which equates to about 1/8".

Anybody else do anything?

I've been trying to figure out whats wrong with my ignition. The engine won't go over 2000 rpm where it seems to hit the rpm limiter, it won't go any higher no matter what the throttle opening is. The spark plugs are new. The magnetic pickup coil resistance test says that part is Ok at 600 ohms. I have 14v at the coil at any rpm.

I have a post going on the MSD forum.
Troubleshoot MSD 8360 (Ready to Run) RPM Limiter

FP01_DistributorInCar_0003.jpg
FP01_DistributorCircuitBoard_0008.jpg
FP01_DistributorWireStrainRelief_0007.jpg

I disassembled and cleaned my HVLP spray gun getting ready to shoot some primer on my bucket. :p:D:rolleyes:
(Need to get a new filter/drier element to deal with this St Louis humidity!:eek:)

Brackets that attach to my oil pan studs. Hose separators mount to those for the trans cooler lines on one side, fuel lines on the other.

Sat at a car show in the heat for a couple hours then went and had a Root Beer Float...........Damn it was good on a hot day.............you are welcome.........

I'm doing the same thing that I've been doing for the last couple of days which is doing a very fine detailing on my '37 Chevy Convertible Sedan. It has quite a show record and since I stopped doing major national shows and just driving it and doing local cruise nights it tends to not be up to my standards. So, I've fully detailed the engine and entire chassis and under body. The seats are out and the upholstered trunk panels are also awaiting final cleaning. Most people would think that I'm nuts and I probably am but I've got to try and make it perfect for a future owner.

Here is a link that'll show you what I'm working on: Cars On Line.com | Classic Cars For Sale

Jim

Still working on oil leaks. Seems when I fix one another one pops up. The only good thing is I take the car out for a test run after every repair. If not driving them you're fixing them. I guess that's why they call it Hot Rodding. I'm still working on quieting my exhaust. Way to load for me. I've been driving with ear plugs but that is now causing problems with my ears. I have a drawing in my head and will start ordering or making what I need soon. My last two attempts didn't work. Hopefully this one will.

I'm doing the same thing that I've been doing for the last couple of days which is doing a very fine detailing on my '37 Chevy Convertible Sedan. It has quite a show record and since I stopped doing major national shows and just driving it and doing local cruise nights it tends to not be up to my standards. So, I've fully detailed the engine and entire chassis and under body. The seats are out and the upholstered trunk panels are also awaiting final cleaning. Most people would think that I'm nuts and I probably am but I've got to try and make it perfect for a future owner.

Here is a link that'll show you what I'm working on: Cars On Line.com | Classic Cars For Sale

Jim

You retiring soon from your day job? You can always come by my place and detail my little car.

You retiring soon from your day job? You can always come by my place and detail my little car.
I don't know how I got anything done before I retired. I worked pretty consistently seven days a week for thirty years and some days more than eight hours. Once I retired and moved to Florida (AKA God's waiting room) things seemed to change little. Now, instead of punching a time clock at GM and plying the skills of my trade ( journeyman electrican), I'm kept busy between lawn and landscaping maintenance, of which we have PLENTY, and other "honey do" stuff, I am able to spend some time in the garage/man-cave. With two street rods and a daily driver, a Chevy HHR, I've got a full time job, AGAIN! At seventy-five and married for fifty-two years, as of August seventh, I wouldn't want it any other way. IMHO

Jim

Last edited:
Happy Anniversary, Jim! I've always enjoyed seeing your cars. They are VERY inspiring and every time I look at one, I spot something new. Your attention to detail is top shelf. Ya know, I still have those electrical schematics you sent me. I can't tell you how many times I've shared them. I don't know if I'll wire my car myself this time, but it's good to know I could if I decide to. Yes.... electricity is still the Devil, put I have a weapon, if need be. Thanks.

As far as doing anything today, I just got home from work an hour ago. Checking out the hot rod forums. I may install those wiring clips today or maybe tonight. We'll see.

Well, work called and I'm off tomorrow, so I'll install the clips tonight. I love working at night! I get a LOT done, when the only sound is the classic rock station.:D

I don't know how I got anything done before I retired. I worked pretty consistently seven days a week for thirty years and some days more than eight hours. Once I retired and moved to Florida (AKA God's waiting room) things seemed to change little. Now, instead of punching a time clock at GM and plying the skills of my trade ( journeyman electrican), I'm kept busy between lawn and landscaping maintenance, of which we have PLENTY, and other "honey do" stuff, I am able to spend some time in the garage/man-cave. With two street rods and a daily driver, a Chevy HHR, I've got a full time job, AGAIN! At seventy-five and married for fifty-two years, as of August seventh, I wouldn't want it any other way. IMHO

Jim
Congratulations, and I hope that when I get to be your age, I can tell you happy b-day and happy anniversary Keep plugging along and take care that you don't work yourself into the ground.
Bruce.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back