Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

are you older then dirt ?

Track-T

Older Than Dirt Quiz :

Count all the ones that you remember not the ones you were told about.

Ratings at the bottom.

1.Candy cigarettes
2.Coffee shops with tableside juke boxes
3.Home milk delivery in glass bottles

4. Party lines on the telephone
5.Newsreels before the movie
6.TV test patterns that came on at night after the last show and were there until TV shows started again in the morning. (there were only 3 channels [if you were fortunate])
7.Peashooters
8. Howdy Doody
9. 45 RPM records
10.Hi-fi's
11. Metal ice trays with lever
12. Blue flashbulb
13.Cork popguns
14. Studebakers
15. Wash tub wringers

If you remembered 0-3 = You're still young
If you remembered 3-6 = You are getting older
If you remembered 7-10 = Don't tell your age,
If you remembered 11-15 =You're older than dirt!

Thanks Track-T, Just what I needed a reminder.

Eric

I remember all!!! Does this mean I'll soon be in the dirt???

Not only do I remember all of them when I first began my career with the telephone company I installed party lines.

I can remember all of that. The days before microwaves, and no cell phones.

And now, just try to find a pay phone.

Yep, that would be me - older than dirt.

Older Than Dirt Quiz :

Count all the ones that you remember not the ones you were told about.

Ratings at the bottom.

1.Candy cigarettes
2.Coffee shops with tableside juke boxes
3.Home milk delivery in glass bottles

5.Newsreels before the movie
6.TV test patterns that came on at night after the last show and were there until TV shows started again in the morning. (there were only 3 channels [if you were fortunate])
7.Peashooters
8. Howdy Doody
9. 45 RPM records
10.Hi-fi's
12. Blue flashbulb
13.Cork popguns
14. Studebakers
15. Wash tub wringers

If you remembered 0-3 = You're still young
If you remembered 7-10 = Don't tell your age,
If you remembered 11-15 =You're older than dirt!
heck I'm only 55 and remember them all but #5 And we have a SS diner here that still has the juke box selectors at each table and a couple at the counter nothing inside the diner has changed since the 50s but the prices and they are still good!If your ever in the area step back in time and visit "Zips Diner" in Dayville Ct.at the junction of Rts 12 and 101

heck I'm only 55 and remember them all but #5 And we have a SS diner here that still has the juke box selectors at each table and a couple at the counter nothing inside the diner has changed since the 50s but the prices and they are still good!If your ever in the area step back in time and visit "Zips Diner" in Dayville Ct.at the junction of Rts 12 and 101

At 51, I remember them all, except 5 and 8. :thumb:

I go back a little more than any of those, I remenber door to door ice delivery when only the rich people had refrigerators :hyper:

I remember...

1.Candy cigarettes
9. 45 RPM records
12. Blue flashbulb

Yup, getting older...

I go back a little more than any of those, I remenber door to door ice delivery when only the rich people had refrigerators :suicide:

I'm with you, when I was a kid the guy that brought our ice in the late 40's used a horse drawn wagon. He had a heavy leather pad that covered his shoulder and back that he carried the ice block on it. For you guys that are thinking we lived in the country our apartment was in the heart of Chicago.

At 51, I remember them all, except 5 and 8. :tip:

Is it because you are too young and missed them or is it because of other reasons you don't remember? :sly:

Is it because you are too young and missed them or is it because of other reasons you don't remember? :sly:

Yep :face:

heck I'm only 55 and remember them all but #5

I cant believe you guys dont remember #5... hell, even with me only bein 30, I remember #5. Maybe its becuase I use to stay up late and watch tv but who knows. The tv would have about 8 different vertical colors on it one black horizontal bar across the bottom of the screen and there was a mid range tone that was super annoying. It would come on shortly after Johnny Carson

I cant believe you guys dont remember #5... hell, even with me only bein 30, I remember #5. Maybe its becuase I use to stay up late and watch tv but who knows. The tv would have about 8 different vertical colors on it one black horizontal bar across the bottom of the screen and there was a mid range tone that was super annoying. It would come on shortly after Johnny Carson

Thats #6 :thinkn:

Here is one ther boys with CRS wre trying to remeber..

Whose tag line was " The quality goes in, before the name goes on"?

Mark

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back