Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Awful-awful . . .

Here are a few more photos to 'T' dragsters... and a few Bantams thrown in. The last Bantam photo, "Bad News" is one of the inspirations for my project.

Attachments

• Bucket 1.png
    Bucket 1.png
    215.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Bucket 2.png
    Bucket 2.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Bucket 3.png
    Bucket 3.png
    251.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Bucket 4.png
    Bucket 4.png
    226.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Bucket 5.png
    Bucket 5.png
    147.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Bantam 1.png
    Bantam 1.png
    285.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Bantam 2.png
    Bantam 2.png
    125 KB · Views: 55
  • Bantam 3.png
    Bantam 3.png
    257.5 KB · Views: 170
I wish I had the money to add a 6-71 to my Buick engine. But since an intake manifold for mount a supercharge onto a big block Buick are as scarce as hen's teeth, even if could afford a blower I couldn't mount it.

The last Bantam photo, "Bad News" is one of the inspirations for my project.

Since yours is not designed for the track, maybe you will have a little more forward rake, and not such an awkward-looking roll bar.

bantam-3-png.23415

409T. Dwyer's 671 kit for BBB is $4650. But I would need double that to build a block capable of using a supercharger to its fullest. Spanky. 'Bad News' as a low roll bar which runs just underneath the dash. The rear roll bar is connected to the lower front roll bar. It's like a 3 point roll bar seen on old MG's and such. I agree, it works but it is not appealing to the eyes. A roll bar is still something I am looking at design wise. Whether I go with something like a 3 point hoop style seen on Cobras, or a 4 point with the struts forward like my avatar image or rearward through the body, I have not decided. Here is a photo I found which shows what I'm talking about with 'Bad News'. I added the red arrows and lightened the photo as the image is a little dark.

Attachments

• Front roll bar 2.png
    Front roll bar 2.png
    401.4 KB · Views: 31
When I built my long car I was working with Pete Robinson and his advice was go to a junk yard and pick up a truck motor. In the early ‘70’s they all had 8:1 compression and put the blower on it and run it until the crank exited the oil pan. Well I didn’t do that but built a motor with all the goodies and the ported and polished heads sprung a water leak I replaced them with a set of 283 two barrel heads and didn’t notice a drop in power. The blower is going to stuff the cylinders with air no matter what! A rough idle is all you need to be cool!

Spanky, that is similar to a Cobra type 3 point roll bar. I like the design... though I'm not sure about mounting a harness to it. A crossbar would work. I will need a harness... even the 1967 NHRA rule book states shoulder harness are required. I will be using this book to help set of the car for the most part.

I wish I had the money to add a 6-71 to my Buick engine. But since an intake manifold for mount a supercharge onto a big block Buick are as scarce as hen's teeth, even if could afford a blower I couldn't mount it.
Alt,
Are you still considering an intake manifold for a supercharger and a Buick? I see this is from a couple of years ago. Anyhow in the past I have purchased a new intake manifold for a Buick from BDS. It was probably 12 or 15 years ago but at that time they weren't very expensive.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back