Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

AXLE WARNING

People have to pay for shipping that had ordered from magizine or online for there bad product to be inspected . The time to pull it off your ride , Maybe the paint or the chrome that you did . The manufacture should be reimbursing the people that spent there hard earn money with them. Good note to not spend my $ with that brand. Thanks for that RPM

Glad the I beam axle in the lastest project is a 100% genuine forged Henry axle.

I use either a stock Ford axle 48"-50" boss to boss (dropped forged) or a Chevy pickup I beam to get the longer, 54" boss to boss length, so that you can run a longer spring for a much better ride and stability, plus, you now can find bolt-on brakes and wheels that you may like better... (when you want to run the I beam for that early great look) JMHO

Ted: What year Chevy pick-up axle?
Chevy truck axles from 1938-1959 work. A very popular axle to use. We have disc brake kits, and steering arms to fit these. On our disc brake kits there is no machine work involved, so the spindle does not need to come off the axle. It all just bolts together. These kits also change this to the popular 5-4 3/4 chevy bolt pattern.

Another axle failure today in my home town, in New Zealand. Fairly newly built '34 Ford coupe, supposedly not a Magnum front axle . It broke near the kingpin and sent the car across into a truck in the next lane. Both occupants are a bit beat up but OK. video here.

That's some pretty scary stuff right there. Glad it didn't turn out worse...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back