Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

back again

timothale

I was busy about a dozen years ago. I now live near Yellowstone park I found a model T roadster body in 1951. a couple years later a buddy brought a Hot Rod magazine to school and I said I want to build that roadster. The first build was on an Essex frame, Olds 303 with free Ford flathead car parts. trans axles steering. When I was in college I needed Money so I kept the body, and sold the drivable wired chassis. A few years later I started again, I used 2 model T frames to build a boxed chassis, Olds 456 rear end.. Packaard OD trans,, Ford FE with an isky cam and 3 -2s. after all these years it needs new paint and a few other things. After a couple other builds I now have the track T project at the house. 36 dropped axle with Amc disk brakes Buick V 6 and 5 Speed One of my son's buddies wanted to finish it. I pulled out the 9 inch and he wants to install the Jag Irs. He has gone to CAlif to work, so I might ger the Jag under it and install the steering to have a roller.

Wow, that's quit the sentimental story behind your car! Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma!

Building stuff is about as addictive as it gets, quite a history there . . .

Welcome aboard from the sunny Caribbean :cool:

Darlene

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back