Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Best front end/suspension for cruising?

beaven67

Hello,
I've been collecting parts for a t-bucket build and plan on using most of the chassis and suspension from EZ-Tbuckets. I have been looking around several posts and wonder what is really the best front end for a t bucket roadster? Ford early model front end straight or 2 inch drop? Maybe 4 inch drop? Or some other design? Any and all help is appreciated. I have the engine, transmission and rear axle. So I prepping to purchase the chassis and other parts to want a "T" that i can cruise at 70 without issues.
Thanks,
Pat,

Drop of axle won't make much difference. Be sure to set it up with no bind in movement and soft shocks. Longer wheelbase helps too.

Like ORF said ,a straight axle is a straight axle , how you suspend it , what you want for ride height & keeping bumpsteer under control is what affect the ride....

I.M.O. Coil over shocks on all corners, no skinny tires, proper Ackerman, proper caster etc. all contribute to a better ride.

As MikeJ said, proper Ackerman (as mush as possible), caster, etc. My preference is 4-bar set-up to get more articulation and less binding. As far as springing goes, a leaf set-up is more traditional and IMHO better looking. Coils or coil-overs probably have a bit of an edge functionally, but again IMHO usually not as good looking

When it comes right down to it, which configuration you choose is less important than doing what ever you choose correctly.

For what ever it's worth, what I've chosen for my cruiser build is a 4-bar configuration with a mono-leaf spring.

Since these T's are so light to begin with, the unsprung weight is critical for a smoother ride.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back