Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

best top bows available?

tbucketlgb

I called speedway , and they have bought Total Performance. And was informed they are not carrying the 'stainless" steel top bows. So would any1 know the best top bows available? Any help would be appreciated, thankyu..........TBucketLGB

tbucketlgb said:
I called speedway , and they have bought Total Performance. And was informed they are not carrying the 'stainless" steel top bows. So would any1 know the best top bows available? Any help would be appreciated, thankyu..........TBucketLGB

Since the owner used to be one of the sales/designers at Total you could call him and tell him your problem and see what he can do for you.His name is Jim and he owns Cool-Flex now also.
http://shop.wintecfabrication.com/main.sc

You could also ask Ted since he used to own CCR and he built his own top bows.

I had at one time considered taking a mold off my own top, it would have goofed it up, but I would have had the same look, but much lighter, and probably much cheaper in the long run, as the top I have is a fully padded carson type top, with a fancy headliner and all covered inside, with the best top material you can get, plus One eyed Jack even used a French roll to hide the mounting snaps... There is more to a good top than meets the eye.. and only about 3 inches of the tubing shows, so it is easier and cheaper to insert a short piece of whatever you like the looks of there, not the whole bow tubing.. I used Brass solid stock (3/4") for that insert... :)

Ted, is tyour roof the same shape/design that CCR now sell?

(you can figure by now that I like the look of your car);)

Cheers
Todd

I do believe so.. But to make it a carson type, one has to ad a lot of corner brackets to mount the plywood in the center, and to hold all the padding, plus a/many wood tack strips need to be installed in all the right places.. wish I had a picture of it before it was covered...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back