Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Big block bucket

m52mark

I'm working on a bucket I bought as a roller . This is my progress from a month ago till now . It's a CCR body and a 133" wheelbase chassis , my little dragster HAHA ! 11 1/2 to 1 , 472 with ported dove-c heads and C6 with 3,500 stall . I have a tunnel ram and scoop for later after cam breakin . 9 inch with locker , aftermarket axles and 5/8" studs . Here's what I started with . The next pic I set my engine and trans in .IMG_0386 - Copy.JPGIMG_20120812_075113 - Copy.jpg

Mark , Can you take a side pitcher of car with motor and radiator ? I myself am biulding a long car to and would like to see yours.

Then came the corvair box , mounted with RPM's kit . Made the bar from the box to the steering arm . Got master cylinder kit and fittings from speedway and plumbed the brakes . No fluid yet I'm still jigging it up . IMG_0427 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0429 - Copy.JPGIMG_0432 - Copy.JPGIMG_0437 - Copy.JPG Made a drive shaft and put it in . Then began the process of a steel floor . I'm getting drive shaft loops later

I've got the radiator it's just not in yet . Does this help any ?IMG_0415 - Copy.JPG The fuel cell will go up front between the radiator and the tube crossmember .

Mark,

What was your reasoning for filling in the frame where the body mounts? Was it for safety from a wayward drive shaft?

Mark

Thanks Robert . Mark , I'm going to put in driveshaft loops also. This body came with a floor but I'm a big guy and it wouldn't hold me . It will with the metal floor , and yes a little more security from wayward items . I had to cut out the trans tunnel to clear my trans . I may cut out all but where I sit and finish the tunnel in metal . The seating is going to be high density foam sewn into a snapin sort of cover . Similar to what I've seen in old dragsters . It allows me to sit very low in the car. Lots of welding to finish up .

Thanks guys ! The trans is a short tailshaft C6 out of a 1 ton , otherwise the shaft would be a lot shorter . The interior I want to do like this old Tony Nancy dragster interior .8_4.jpg27615762-302-Nostalgia-FED-Tony-Nancy-Style-Interior.jpg

Thanks , I hope so ! I caught a bug over the weekend but I feel better now . I'll be on it this weekend . Work picked up , I'll have even less time to work on it now . I'm working out the mount for the shifter . I'm going to end up with an all steel floor and trans tunnel by the time I get done with it . I saw a bucket with the battery on it's side up under the passenger side of the dash , I liked it . Then I could put a tank in the bed and keep more weight on the back . I've got a firewall to put in then the radiator and hoses , gas tank or cell ? , fuel lines and pump , wiring .... Geeze when you think your close you still have a ton to do ! T's look simple , till you put one together . The big stuffs easy , it's fitting all the little stuff in ! This is the base for some of the cage .IMG_20120817_150417.jpg My brother cut out all the stuff the previous owner put in for right hand drive . Welded in tubing in it's place and then welded a tab for the steering wheel heim . It even has a collapseable colum in it ala dirt track parts . I need to do the shifter and linkage , then I can put the body and cage mount back in . It won't be long till I can fire it and move it around under it's own power !

The shifter and brake linkage in crude mockup . I'll order the gas pedal and mount it up . Then on to reinforcing the sides of the body , it moves more than I like it too . Then onto building up the floor to form the seating area . Little by little , I'll plug away at it .

Made the radiator mounts , just need to drill the holes . Got my fuel cell in . just jigging it up now .I LOVE this view . This car is an exercise in too much everything , it's like a fullsize hotwheel !IMG_0524 - Copy.JPGIMG_0521 - Copy.JPG

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back