Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Big block bucket

Got the gas pedal jigged up . I need to wire and plumb the motor . Going to get ready to break in the cam .IMG_0520 - Copy.JPG

Looks as if the help ain't helpin' :roflmao::roflmao: Car is coming together nice, even without the help. Look foreward to more update.

Oops, missed the last pic from page 1, where the 'help' was taking a nap. :oops:

The mirrors are for motorcycles but I couldn't resist .
My help was up all night but insisted on helping . I don't think the snoring helped !

The exhaust pipes are stack turnouts for a semi . They are 5" in diameter . I bought them at an auction for my army truck . I squared up the end with a hammer and they fit snug up to the collector . I got bullet mufflers for inside but I think it's going to be loud .IMG_0512 - Copy.JPG

Loud is good !

View attachment 7378 The front end is looking too busy or full , it's hard to explain . I don't like it . I think I'll set the cell on the rear and see if it looks better . Without the cell the front looks more like a dragster . With the cell up front it kind of reminds me of an old long wheelbase touring car . Not a look I was going for ( long front - short rear , a dragster ) . That's probably why I didn't mount the cell yet . Am I crazy or does that make sense ? Any input would be welcome . I like the look of the 14" bed and the cell won't fit in there . I may have too get a smaller cell or tank ( I didn't want a 10 gallon ) this things going to drink like a pig ! With the channeled body and the 14" bed I don't think even a 10 gallon tank / cell will fit . I think with the look I want I don't have a lot of choice . It looks better without the cell like this I think .View attachment 7377View attachment 7378IMG_0516 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0515 - Copy.JPG

I think a 20 in. bed would work. Have Ron supply a tank. Need to see it in profile again with the radiator and motor in. Could you have "Sleeping Beauty" help push it outside and snap a few pics? Ya know, on the ground, where it will sit naturally.
Perhaps a small Moon tank nestled in between the frame rails. Probably East/West instead of North/South orientation.

I have a channeled body with a 14" bed and my tank will hold about 10 gallons if it is right empty.

You could make a custom tank the width of the entire frame rails, tapered down in the front, maybe go below the frame some so it doesn't sit so high. Then paint it black and make it look more like you closed in the front vs a big square box just sitting there.

I rather liked the first pic you put up with the tank in the front. The chassis looks to long to me without the tank filling that hole. Agree you need longer radius rods as well.

Thanks guys ! Good points , it gives me food for thought . I'll have to wait for this weekend to get pics . Maybe a 20" bed , with a cell in bed and a small moon tank up front . The hairpins do look too short . I've been looking at RocknT's car he has a similar setup , I'm debating a regular wheelbase now .

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back