Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Big Daddy's King Rat

I only have 2 problems with electric cars. Not enough charging stations in place throughout the u.s.a. Duration of re-charging time. This situation is NOT acceptable if you want to travel to visit your relatives who live out of state. You could even encounter this problem without leaving your home state. I'm totally in favor of the hybrids ( gasoline & electric engines in the same vehicle).

Read a thread elsewhere about Teslas in Denver and other cold pleaces, making the morning 30 mile run but not making it home in very cold weather. Also read about them 'bricking' the ECUs when going flat in the cold.
Certainly even her in the UK the Electric cars used for Taxis have appalling range in the very cold weather.

Israel has reportedly invested heavily into infrastructure that supports electric cars, they have drive in recharging stations where they switch out to fully charged batteries and charging stations at public and private locations, etc... I do not recall the source where I read about it, but it was interesting. We have too many influential people invested in fossil fuel to make it work any time soon. The “green energy” folks are just as greedy, imho, and are basically competing for the fossil fuel market share. If anyone was serious about emissions, etc, it would be affordable. I will stop short of the political part, but that is the deciding factor. Love the instant torque of electric if the energy part was doable.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back