Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

"Billet-T" re-build update

AZCOWBO

Jessse and I got the new SS brake lines mounted yesterday, after spending 4hrs. chasing down 90 degree AN fittings. Called Loper's day before yesterday, they had plent of them them in stock. When I arrived 1 1/2 hr drive, some fellow had just purchased the lot. No Luck. Went to SoCal. No Luck. Drive to Alternate Hose, they have moved way back past where I had just been. Drove back west to Granberries. No Luck and they send me to Parkers at 43rd Ave. and Osborn. I drive to that intersection, they are supposed to be behind NAPA. No where to be seen, a new Catapiller Store, now there. I call a couple of friends, and they insist that I'm blind, it is there. While I am talking on the phone, I look in the rearview mirror and see ParkerStore spelled backwards. They also built a new store and moved into it in Dec. I want 4 blue 90's, they just sold out, but won't sell them as brake fittings, because they are rated at 3K PSI. I pay $12.50 each for SS and am happy. It is 75 mi. back and it is now 111 degrees. By the time I return to Wickenburg, Jesse has the lines mounted and crimped, ready for the Ls. He also ran the electrical through out the frame, hooked up radiator fan, alternator, and final starter wiring. When he started running the wire through the frame he discoverd, whoever had made the frame, welded in two large braided lines on the passenger side and three smaller ones onthe driver side inside the frame. Don't know what they were intended for, but couldn't get the lines down through them, so we had to bypass them. I will post photos later today.

Currently 50 degrees calling for 77 today nice weather taking bucket to work. Hunting for certain parts in a big challenge but meet some nice people doing it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back