Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Black T Question

Red River Jack

I remember in the 70,s popular hotroding or street rodding
ran a story on a couple of bad T,s with big block chevy,s
one was black and you sat real low in it and it had a chopped
wind sheild well it looked a lot like this. Do any of you guy,s remember
the story and what ever happen to them ?

Two east coast cars. One was called Sunkist I think. Don't remember the guy's name. I think they're both still around so maybe some of the east coast guys will remember.

I remember seeing that car in the mag but nothing else about it. About that time Paul Lark, who worked at MAS, put his T on the rode. It was also black with flames, a tan interior and top. It ran a 392 Hemi with all the goodies including a 6-71 blower set up by Tommy Hoover. That was the first blown hemi I saw on the street. Sorry, No pictures.

Ron

Is that one named Moonkist?

Moonkist , is still cruzin the streets of northern NJ. At the Syracuse Nats Street Rodder Mag. picked this Bucket for a nomination for 2008 Street Rod of the year. Built 30yrs ago it is quite an honor to have this nomination.
Please check out streetrodder.com the public votes on the magazine's web page starting Nov 17th and chooses the winner. We would appreciate your vote. Thanks

Moonkist , is still cruzin the streets of northern NJ. At the Syracuse Nats Street Rodder Mag. picked this Bucket for a nomination for 2008 Street Rod of the year. Built 30yrs ago it is quite an honor to have this nomination.
Please check out streetrodder.com the public votes on the magazine's web page starting Nov 17th and chooses the winner. We would appreciate your vote. Thanks
[/quote]

Moonkist is still in Northern NJ,

At the Syracuse National Street Rodder mag. honored us with a nomination for 2008 Street Rod of the Year. Since Moonkist was built 30 yrs ago this nomination is something very special to us.

The public voting begins on November 17th please check out the link.
Rich and Sharon Hoefling's '23 Ford T-bucket - Street Rodder Magazine

We respectfully request that our T-Bucket friends the share information. And if you would be inclined to cast a vote for Moonkist we would appreciate your vote.

As someone had mentioned in this forum Moonkist has been on the cover of Popular and Street Rodder mag. along with the sister T Sunkist. What an honor 30 years later... to be considered for Street Rodder of the Year.

I am having a problem with the upload of my pictures :eek: sorry will try again later.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back