Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Body nearly channeled

Brucer

Things been kind of quet around here :) but not in my garage.

got the biggest part of the job done,old floor pans cut out, old cross braces cut out, and rewelded, new crossbraces made and welded in, channeled 1 1/2 inches, still need to make mounts and the flooring..
my low shell should look fine now.. i'm really to the point i need a profile look at the car, going to get the quickchange with axles in it first and then i will get a better look at it outside from a full side shot.. you guys will definetly get pictures with that, and i'm going to want your opinions for sure..

when you look at it, pay attention to the distributor location in relation to the hood hinge (the bracket at center on the firewall) whatever its called :)

the pictures arent in the same resolution, i messed with my camera and need to swap it back to the other resolution, they look better.

before
vbpgimage.php

after

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Ted ,

Have radius rods ordered from rpm that will get me the clearance I need, I will probably move them in towards the frame, should have good clearance nontheless...

As for the inside, right now all there is to look at is a crossbrace made if 1x2 tubing and another made of 1inch square with transmission clearance built into it... When I get the mounts made up and all the braceing in I'll definetly post a pic, then I'll put another pic up with the steel floorpan in it..
Should turn out pretty nice, I'm confident in my fabricating skills.. gonna coat it with lizard skin then dynamat to keep heat out..

looks as though you're comin along great Bruce. Surprising how much difference 1 1/2 inches will make huh.

oh, by the way, that bracket on your firewall was for the radiator steady rod. You won't need it.

Ron

Nice looking This is the time when alot of decisions have to be made with clearance issues and what will fit. It works better to put heads on before intake.It saves a little rework.Lol

Good eye putz,

I had the head on it the other way also, just sat it on the block and put a couple bolts in it,intakes just sitting there also.. Had to make sure where the steering box was gonna end up at to make sure I had header clearance..

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back