Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Body to tire clearance...

hi new to the boards first off I purchased a 23 t 2 weeks ago and its quite different from anything I have ever owned. I love it so far but it needs a little fine tuning. its got 33x23.50x15 rear tires that I can tell occasionally touch the body. would I need longer studs with a 1 inch spacer??? any help would be greatly appreciated

Speedway has that size and bolt pattern on sale today in their garage sale section. IMCA wheels I think?
hi I see you are fairly close to me. im new to the boards got a t bucket 2 weeks ago and gonna need info from time to time hope you can help lol. thanks Todd Honeycutt

Yes, you will need longer studs.... are they hitting on hard turns? If your jumping down on it power wise, the tires narrow from centrifugal force, and sometimes will bob back out when let off of, but you'd have to have less then 1" for that to happen usually....
When does this seem to happen? During rear end articulation?

Last edited:
Speedway has that size and bolt pattern on sale today in their garage sale section. IMCA wheels I think?

I noticed those the other day. At the rate I'm going, half this car will be either Speedway Garage Sale or Ebay finds...LOL Unfortunately they are not DOT approved for street use. But Speedway does have my fall back wheels if do not go with the Vintiques smoothies...Bassett DOT approved D-slot wheels in 15x8 with 3" back space.

Yes, you will need longer studs.... are they hitting on hard turns? If your jumping down on it power .wise, the tires narrow from centrifugal force, and sometimes will bob back out when let off of, but you'd have to have less then 1" for that to happen usually....
When does this seem to happen? During rear end articulation?
like I say ive only had it for 2 weeks and it hasn't happened yet but I can see the marks where it has in the past. also tire clearance at rest is less than 1 inch

like I say ive only had it for 2 weeks and it hasn't happened yet but I can see the marks where it has in the past. also tire clearance at rest is less than 1 inch

Todd...That's not much clearance. Depending on body roll and tire sidewall stiffness you might want to give yourself some more.

George

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back