Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Bought my wheels and tires

Tires look really good. Looks like you where having trouble with the tools you have there mounting them. One of My tricks is start every lug nut then pull wheel out on them and tighten up a little at a time then they seem to go in without catching on the edge.JMO
Most of those tools are left from other projects. I'm bad about leaving things laying around for a little bit. I'll then get annoyed and put everything away and the cycle starts all over.

I think they look great. Its still a big n little look and a bit different to the norm.
What color are you going to paint it?
Gerry
Not sure yet but I'm thinking lime green...maybe orange. Something bright although electron blue with silver suspension would be great looking. The front axle and suspension will be powdercoated silver.

oh oh oh that looks wicked, mean and evil.. in a good hot rod way!

If the handling is good then you have the look there!

Nice.

Got mine mounted up finally .. Yes I am a white letter guy .. LOL .

Attachments

• SANY0194.JPG
    SANY0194.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 63
Got mine mounted up finally .. Yes I am a white letter guy .. LOL .
I LOVE the white letters!!!! Fantastic!!! I was thinking about painting my letters. Your wheels look great!! Nice choice. Where did you buy the tires?

The rear tires I got from Hoosier they where a discontinued tire got'm cheap and a buddie had the front tires got those cheap too LOL only got 200 bucks in all 4 tires .. I will get MT like yours next year . But for the rest of the summer I will run these . I can get the tire smoking out of my system before I pop for the MTs LOL

That looks great - it really changes the car.

A note of caution tho (from my hard learned experiences), with a 4 inch offset, and a very wide rim, be sure to regularly check your wheel studs, and your rear wheel bearings.

I broke a couple of studs on one rim on a rod run once so upgraded to Moroso wheel studs. Only ever broke one of the Moroso studs.

Its a cheap insurance as theres a power of a lot of strain on the wheel studs from the width, from the weight, and from the grip off your tires.

As Ted would say, "travel safe"

Cheers
Todd

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back