Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Brake hoses and front hose idea

Gerry

Time to go get the plumbing for the T. Decided I wanted braided S Steel all through so went to earls at Silverstone (Where they hold the British F1 GP) and had a few hours of talking and buying.
The front hoses have been a thinking point for me for a while especially where they exit the chassis. After looking hard line inside the chassis and various fittings where it exits nothing looked good. The 90 degree fitting to go from the hard line to the flex was either too big or too ugly.
Solution... to run the hose in braided from the caliper through the chassis to the master. Easy. Earls has ASSURED me that I will NOT get a soft pedal and said they plumb professional rally cars this way with no problems at all. Anyway the run is not that long. With that in mind I decided to do everything in braided including all the fuel lines. This way i dont have to worry about and vibration fractures of a hard line.
So to the front line exit.
I think this is a neat way of doing it. I drilled a 12mm button head bolt to take a plastic sleeve and then tapped the chassis to take the 12mm bolt. Hey presto a small, neat and unusual line exit. What do you guys think?
Brake 5.JPGbrake1.JPGbrake2.JPGbrake3.JPGbrake4.JPG

Boy does the T look small behind the cruiser.. A frame in really proving its worth
Gerry

I like it but then I would expect nothing less on your T.

Ron

:)

Very nice and neat. Looks great.

I think that is the first time I have ever seen a cruiser towing anything.

I got a picture of it towing the race car somewhere. Might dig it out JFF
G

Very slick Gerry. I like it.

Jim

Aint it funny the simplest thing seem to work
G

I like it too! Very neat.

Is that silver bellcrank for your shocks? I'd like to see a shot of that.

Mike

I like it too! Very neat.

Is that silver bellcrank for your shocks? I'd like to see a shot of that.

Mike
I have just rattled this shot off for you. The bell cranks are the friction shocks and also connect to the front axle. Cant go in to more details just yet but if you look at my posts over the last few months you will get the idea.
just one.JPG
G

I have just rattled this shot off for you. The bell cranks are the friction shocks and also connect to the front axle. Cant go in to more details just yet but if you look at my posts over the last few months you will get the idea.
[attachment=4710:just one.JPG]
G

sorry guys but just could nt resist putting this pic up. I just kinda got to love it for some reason. Dont know if its the rear view of the T or just the difference between a production car and a hot rod
Brake 6.JPG
G

Gerry, two observations. First, is the braided hose going to float back and forth thru the hole to match wheel travel? Second, the yellow of the T makes it look bigger than the Cruiser (to my eye).

John

Gerry, two observations. First, is the braided hose going to float back and forth thru the hole to match wheel travel? Second, the yellow of the T makes it look bigger than the Cruiser (to my eye).

John

No the hose is not going to float. The plastic sleeve is a nice tight fit to the hose when its in the bolt.

sorry guys but just could nt resist putting this pic up. I just kinda got to love it for some reason. Dont know if its the rear view of the T or just the difference between a production car and a hot rod
[attachment=4711:Brake 6.JPG]
G
My thoughts exactly... who in their right mind would rather ride in a stocker, than a great ride in such as this little Yellow fellow... Heaven in that ride... :)

[attachment=4711:Brake 6.JPG]
G
I know the feeling not as much as you but it's cool to see how small these body styles are compared to a "REAL" car.
Picture054.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back