Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Brake Pedal falling forward

AndyMenon

Hello all!

How is everybody? And how are the bucket projects going?

I started off by strapping up my wiring and testing my lights. My brake pedal seems to be falling forward after it bounces back from braking.

Any idea on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks all and I hope the summer turns out to be exciting!
Andy

Do you have a return spring on the pedal arm? If not, I suggest that you install one and it'll cure your problem.

Jim

Do you have a return spring on the pedal arm? If not, I suggest that you install one and it'll cure your problem.

Jim
Hi Jim,
Do you have a picture of it installed? I don't recall seeing it anywhere In the assembly manual. But again, I could've missed it.
Thanks,
Andy

Hi Jim,
Do you have a picture of it installed? I don't recall seeing it anywhere In the assembly manual. But again, I could've missed it.
Thanks,
Andy

These are the best that I can do as far as pictures for now. If you need more, you'll have to wait until I get it up on jack stands and take better pictures of that particular item.

Basically it connects one end to the clevis that connects the master cylinder push rod to the arm of the brake pedal. The other end of the spring connects to a simple bracket mounted from the top left hand bolt of the flywheel dust cover. This allows the push rod of the master cylinder to be pulled back thus allowing the pedal to remain back and not drift forward.

Jim

These are the best that I can do as far as pictures for now. If you need more, you'll have to wait until I get it up on jack stands and take better pictures of that particular item.

Basically it connects one end to the clevis that connects the master cylinder push rod to the arm of the brake pedal. The other end of the spring connects to a simple bracket mounted from the top left hand bolt of the flywheel dust cover. This allows the push rod of the master cylinder to be pulled back thus allowing the pedal to remain back and not drift forward.

Jim

Hmmm.. I get the idea, but I see that the setup in these pics is different from the classic total performance set up.
I'll wait until you post a pic.

Thanks much!
BTW, the wiring job here looks good. And makes mine look terrible :)
Reason being, I wired the bucket after I put on the body, and not having a full wiring experience, I could not wrap the wires as you have in these pics. Besides, the body already came upholstered which further complicated my case.

Andy, here are some pictures that I hope will show you better what I described earlier.

Jim

Andy, here are some pictures that I hope will show you better what I described earlier.

Jim
Jim, thanks much for the pics!
How does this apply to the traditional total performance set up where the master cylinder is completely obscured by the unified steering box bracket and the master cylinder bracket?

thanks again!
Andy

Can you get a spring designed for compression (like an old inner valve spring) to put the push rod inside to push the pedal away from the master? That would really clean up that area. John

Ok Guys! My day job is killing me. Not to forget "the boss" who is loading me with projects to do around the house :(.

Anyways, I was in Sears on one such project, and walked past something that gave me a "quick-fix" idea on the brake pedal stop.
Given that I have nearly no time to spend in the garage, here's what I came up with. Took me 10 minutes.

WP_001280.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back