Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Brake pedal set up

Gerry

Just found this pic so thought I would post it. I have posted this set up before but never found a clear shot of the whole lot
Hope its of interest or use to someone
brakepedalandMS.jpg

Gerry

A very innovative solution for biasing the brake system. I really like the way you think Gerry. You are very creative and quite a craftsman.

Jim

Beautiful work. Looks like me ( I over build everything- BUT I do live in Michigan.LOL)

Thanks Guys
Thought you may like to see it in the early stages

brakepedalintheraw.jpg

G

Gerry, the tube that the push/pull rod passes through, does it have any kind of bushing in it? Or does the pull rod "float" or not really touch anything as it passes through the frame?

Gerry, the tube that the push/pull rod passes through, does it have any kind of bushing in it? Or does the pull rod "float" or not really touch anything as it passes through the frame?

It floats. As the pull rods does move up and down with the arc from the pedal. If you wanted you could put a tab on the rod and a slot in the tube to stop it trying to turn, but I am depending on the clevis doing that for me. The rod is a very close fit in the tube with only a couple of mm clearance. I had 2 pedal blanks cut out as it gave me more choice for the leverage and looks. It runs about 6.1 to 1. Should be enough leverage with such a light car. I have plumbed the front brakes in and they lock with just a small amount of effort. Still working on the rear caliper mounts.
Gerry

Thanks for the info. I'd been looking for a way to ask you about that particular bit of info, without just sending you a pm out of the blue of course, but you opened the door without knowing I was standing on the other side about to knock, LOL.

Thanks for the info. I'd been looking for a way to ask you about that particular bit of info, without just sending you a pm out of the blue of course, but you opened the door without knowing I was standing on the other side about to knock, LOL.

Ask away. I have loads of pics of the set up from blanks to the finished thing. Apart from the MC bracket and pedal blanks being cut on a profile table everything else has been hand made. Also have pics of the throttle pedal assembly if you are interested.
Gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back