Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Brake Switch

leomovitz

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
$%28KGrHqN,%21i8FCzKW6T+wBQ+wRozqmQ%7E%7E60_57.JPG
20130819_082217_resized.jpg

My brake lights worked but I had to apply an extreme amount of pressure for them to come on. After my second inline pressure switch and numerous people stopping me to tell me my brake lights weren't working this is what fixed it. It's a Yamaha motorcycle rear brake light switch.I made a bracket to mount it on the underside of the frame.If I would have known about the switch in the middle of my build I would have welded a tab on the inside of the frame to accommodate it.It works by pulling the spring out which activates the switch.
I would have welded a tab now but I didn't want to mess up my paint.The switch is around ten bucks on EBAY. Had to shorten the spring abit and still have to paint it but it works great.Barely touch the pedal and the lights come on.Hope I never have to replace it but if I do it wouldn't take no time.

It's pretty hard to beat a mechanical brake switch. IMHO I've changed quite a few over for other guys from pressure type switches to mechanical because of the way they work with gentle braking. They would work great in harsh panic stops but who wants to have to stop that way?

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back