Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

bucket list bucket

I really love all the GM tri power carb set ups, no idle screws in the end carbs, they seal up till needed about 3/4 loud pedal... Small center carb for pretty good crusin mileage... I use the factory linkage as well, works sooo good... I myself would find an auto trans for that engine, be sooo much more comfortable to drive... Have fun with your own build... :)

Ted
It probably would be nicer in some ways with and auto, and someday maybe, but in 44 yrs of driveing I'ev only owned one auto trans car. It seems a shame to wast all that clutch practice! :razz:

Well, I haven't posted for a while, and a lot has changed. I spent months messing with the pontiac and the stock front spring and the four speed. and my knees have started giving me fits. and to top it off my buget got smaller.:confused: So........
The engine will be a 327 that is in about the same condition as the pontiac but is more complete. I bought a different front spring, and a 700r4 trans and am taking the path of least resistance. I spent 12 years working on John Jr's car, I dont want to be 75 when mine is done.
Now..
Does any one know anything about the chineese radiators on evilbay? That is what I need next. also I anybody wants to get rid of a Turtle deck for a 23 real cheap don't hesitate to get in touch with me.:D

Here's my experience w/ radiator : bought an aluminum "big tube" 2 row from MAS [now out of business] worked fine for 5 years , started to "seep" at the 4 outermost tubes where they fasten to the tanks. After hearing "they're not worth fixing or that can't be fixed" at 3 rad shops , I decided to see what I could do , clean , clean & clean some more , JB weld & Viola' ,6 more years w/ no leaks!! [where's that piece of wood?] My point is , they're fairly easy to repair, plus, for that price on E-gay ,you can buy 2 for what speedway gets for 1!! Go for it, just be careful about how you mount it, try to isolate it from vibration the best you can !! dave

Thanks for the info! that will help move the project along:cool:

419steel-cut.JPG
Progress? a bit

464front-stub-tacked.JPG

458rear-stub-corner-weld.JPG

The rear stub is welded, the front is tacked, a have a 10 bolt and a chineese radiator.:)
I'm on my way!
Oh, progress has been hindered by the 105* temps in my garage,:confused:, but progress!

frame is welded, motor mounts are in, temp trans mount is in, starting on rear suspention this week.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back