Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Building a flatbed

Johnny

I'm going to make my T a flatbed, so anyone having good ideas about building one could you pass them on???
If you've done this, seen it done, or have detailed pictures of a flatbed, please share them. I have a few ideas of how I can do this, but it never hurts to see the way other folks have constructed theirs.

Thanks, guys

I would say to stagger weld an angle iron frame to the rear section of your frame, width and length that tickles your fancy, and strip cover it (cross ways, drill through the wood and angle, carriage, better yet button heads, bolts and the nuts on the bottom side ) with the wood of your choice, for starters... easy... :)

Here is a site that I found that has some neat wood truck beds. I like the strips they really stand out. Even on a flatbed.
My link

F6908408.jpg

My bucket has a big bed, the bed frame is welded to the frame. That way the bed can sit as low as the top of the frame rail. It's made from 2" angle iron. Heres a photo of it being built

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And another with it finished, the sides and floor are just simple pine finished with spar varnish

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back