Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

car cover

akitagandy

I need to buy a cover for my T and don't have a lot of money, What do I need to buy a cover to fit,any ideas? The rear tires are 80" wide and it is 13' long
Photo-0036.jpg

Photo-0038.jpg

Just to keep dust and eyes off it in the garage, I have a cheap generic cover from wallyworld. I think its made for a mid 90's Tbird. It fits pretty well.

I bought a cheap one from Walmart years ago, it's not fitted but it covers the entire bucket down to the ground. It's great for keeping the dust and dirt in the garage off the bucket during it's winter layup. My only concern was making sure it was breathable.

I bought a "water-resistant" cover for a mid-sized car at Advanced Auto for about $40. Covers the entire T and is virtually water-proof (tested unintentionally in the rain at MH a couple of years ago!).

By the way, Mike, your T looks terrific! See you in MH this summer.

We have a store called Big Lots and i got a cover for mine there in a midsize and it works great . 15 bucks.

Apparently I am the sucker in the bunch because I bought a custom made one from California car cover. I added some options and it was real nice but not cheap.

Mike, just in case you're thinking of it, you can't trailer your T with the cover on. The cover will beat your paint job to death while tearing itself apart. Don't ask me how I know... :shrug2:

Before you buy that $15.00 car cover, where do you plan to store your car? if it's inside a garage, and you're just protecting it from dust, that's fine, but if it's in a carport or anywhere where moisture will be prevalent, do NOT use the cheepy covers. I distroyed a paint job on a car in just one winter by storing it in a carport with the cover on. what can happen is the moisture gets trapped under the cover, and when warm days come along that moisture is driven right through the paint. when the cover comes off in spring the car looked like it had a rash from hell. I sold the car in discust. new paint is a lot more money that a decent cover.

Russ out

Mike,NEVER, NEVER use a cover on an open trailer! What Lee said earlier is VERY true! Using the cover to protect your car from the elements over night is OK though.

Jim

Yes, It will rub the paint right off while moving... Same as putting hold down straps around a front cross member... always either hook to the axle or tie the wheels down, the frame wants to move up and down with the road bumps, and at times the springs on the car and the trailer fight each other... We had the best luck with a trailer that was not sprung on any of the 4 wheels, when we hauled the AG/S cars all over the Country...

I wanted to use it when I have it on the trailer on the way to MH and to cover it at night while in MH

I think it was PotivinGuy that shrink-wrapped his T for a trip, I don't recall how it worked for him. A cheap cover won't work for rain.

I went to pep boys and got a cover for a kia spectra size c i think works great only cost 30.00

I bought a cheap "waterproof" car cover for a midsize vehicle off ebay for $29. Make sure it says WATERPROOF. I had another one years ago that said WATER RESISTANT I used at a show in Boerne TX. It rained that night at the motel and the next morning I had about 4" of water in the floor. After that I had a Tyvek cover for an Intigra that lasted for many years until I bought this other one off ebay.

After that I had a Tyvek cover for an Intigra that lasted for many years until I bought this other one off ebay.

Huuhhh? you mean Tyvek as in house wrap tyvek? same material? what the......???

Russ

Huuhhh? you mean Tyvek as in house wrap tyvek? same material? what the......???

Yes Tyvek the house wrap stuff. I bought a car cover that was made out of that and it was great cover. Kept the water out when I had the cover on overnight shows and up at Mt Home for the Nats. Then when I got the boat I used it to cover it while I was working on it. Did not last too long out in the sun before it started ripping.

Only thing about the Tyvek or the cover I have now. You have to let the headers cool completely before you put the cover on.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back