Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

CHEAP COIL OVERS

I was given a set of shocks from a Yamaha Rino I think I am foing to check them out as they look beefy enough to do the job.

Those should work well provided you can build a T-Bucket that doesn't weigh any more than the Yamaha Rhino.

Since i spent lots of time fitting vw shocks with an average result, next time i will go for real coil overs with the right spring rating.

I have the QA1s on the back of mine now after replacing the less expensive coilovers that came with the Spirit Kit.

I can tell you it sits higher about an inch now BUT it also rides so much better that you'd be a fool to go cheap on the one thing that will make you love or HATE driving your bucket.

Get good suspensions FIRST and skip the hopped up engine stuff until later.

You'll drive the wheels off a good riding car with only 250 HP, but a rough riding 500 HP show car will sit in the garage.

You convinced me, i will go for it, well a pair..........................
I have the QA1s on the back of mine now after replacing the less expensive coilovers that came with the Spirit Kit.

I can tell you it sits higher about an inch now BUT it also rides so much better that you'd be a fool to go cheap on the one thing that will make you love or HATE driving your bucket.

Get good suspensions FIRST and skip the hopped up engine stuff until later.

You'll drive the wheels off a good riding car with only 250 HP, but a rough riding 500 HP show car will sit in the garage.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back