Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Vega

Rip VW

I just found out I have a bad steering box, it's an original Vega Box. It hangs up when rotated to the right or left and at the same spot when the wheel is turned. I have adjusted the steering box, and it is less noticeable but still there. Now with it adjusted the center of the travel is sloppy as can be. I think the gears are just plum wore out!
So here is the million-dollar challenge. Who makes a good GM Vega box? I know there not cheap unless cheap is what you're looking for, but I want a good solid reliable box. Does anyone have any suggestions, of a supplier that does not want to take a world cruise on my dime.

What do yall think?

Borgeson, looks pretty good to me. I don't want to go used or rebuilt. I know Borgeson make real good components. Flaming rivers Vega Box is one of those I am going to Hawaii type of boxes. It sounds good on paper it being redesigned with heavier components, but the price is what kills me! There are a ton of Chinese boxes real cheap, but I want something that I can trust. Borgeson has a reputation of quality. I think there was another Box supplier that made boxes too but their name eludes me at this time. If there are any manufactures, I have missed let me know what ya think.

Borgeson, looks pretty good to me. I don't want to go used or rebuilt. I know Borgeson make real good components. Flaming rivers Vega Box is one of those I am going to Hawaii type of boxes. It sounds good on paper it being redesigned with heavier components, but the price is what kills me! There are a ton of Chinese boxes real cheap, but I want something that I can trust. Borgeson has a reputation of quality. I think there was another Box supplier that made boxes too but their name eludes me at this time. If there are any manufactures, I have missed let me know what ya think.
I wouldn’t be overly skeptical of a rebuilt GM box. I would think it superior to repop stuff providing it was rebuilt with original parts. Just my thoughts. Another thought is how many miles are you going to put on it? Considering the originals are what, 50 years old? That and how little weight is on them. There are various vendors with versions of Vega and Corvair boxes. I have no real experience to assist in picking one from the other. Someone like Ron Pope, (RPM) who has much more experience, would be better suited to help.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back