Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

chitty chitty bang bang for sale

Just when I was aout to bid, I noticed "Reserve Not Met".

Darn, too bad. Among my personal policies is the fact I never bid on reserve price items. I think it's for amatuers who can't seem to come to grips with the idea of simply telling the world what they want for their item. I wonder how many if any people with a more than a million to spend on a collector car have spent much time on eBay or even heard of eBay. Given the greed of eBay's terms and conditions, eBay employees are more likely to be able to buy this car.

Though not applicable in this case I don't buy from sellers who have a feedback rating lower than 99.5% unless I can reasonbly determine the seller got bad marks from some fickle buyer because she didn't like the color of the fake Guicci purse she was dumb enough to buy. I can guess what a couple of you are thinking right now. Oh, does ORF buy much from people selling purses?
Well, not a purse but I got this stunning pink feather boa and making heels at a steal just last week...... do I really have to add the LOL thing, so I'll think you'll think I'm kidding?

Another personal restraint I apply to buying stuff is, I don't buy anything where the price is preceeded by the words "only" or "just". That policy has been in place for some years now and has more to do with my socio-econmic strata. Back when I had some money, my wife and I had an agreement. She bought stuff we needed and I bought stuff I wanted.

Now that I've wandered off in some obtuse direction from the subject, I guess I'll get another coffee and look for some parts on eBay.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back