Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Clearance on radius rods.

Brucer

All you experienced builders, what would be the minimum clearance you would accept on hairpin radius rods..

right now i have 2 1/2 at the tightest spot towards the front, and about
3 1/2 towards the rear...

i'm probably going to channel the body a little, basicly just change the mounts so the body will just cover the top of the frame, not a drastic channel and i'm probably going to drop the rear ride height about 1/2 inch more..

I'm still just mocking up but i want to know for reference...

i'll post some pics when i get a block and tranny in the chassis and the body sitting where i want it.

I'll have 3inches travel

but where the radius rod is under the body the radius rod wont move as much..

i see were your going though.. using what measurements i have and where i'm at at ride heigth i'm getting close already..

Pack some weight in the car then bounce on it, and see just how much it moves down, now does anything hit?? or have someone watch while you are doing that, clay works also... :) most short shocks travel about 4" bouncing will tell the tale... :) PS, the T's are so light weight as far as top weight, you do not have to worry about a leaning problem...

a pic or a sketch here would be easier to work out an answer bruce. i'm wonering how you came up with a 2 1/2" clearance.

Ron

heres a pic

vbpgimage.php

at the front its 2 1/2 inches to the body.. at the rear of the body its 3 1/2..

dont thinki'm going to channel the body, but i thinki'm going to go about 1/2 lower on the ride height..

is the hair pin inside the line of the body?

Ron

then from the pics, you should be fine.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back