Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Cowl question for ex junk

willys t

Iwas wondering if you wouldnt mine giving me the height of the top of your dash and the height and width of your fire wall.It would be very much appreciated.
thanks Bill

Iwas wondering if you wouldnt mine giving me the height of the top of your dash and the height and width of your fire wall.It would be very much appreciated.
thanks Bill

Bill, it is a little difficult getting exact measurements with the car completely together but here is the best that I could do. From the bottom of the body to the front center of the cowl at the firewall it is 24 1/8". The width at the bottom of the front of the cowl is 28 1/4". The cowl at the firewall has approximately a 4 degree upward and outward slant while the center of the cowl at the firewall has approximately a 4 degree downward slope on either side of the center. The center of the cowl has a 5 degree upward slant from the firewall to the windshield. The top of the dash has no slant until the curve on the outside edge. I might add that the cowl has about a 6" extension over the standard '23-'25 style body. If you need more info or pictures you can PM me with your e-mail address and I'll do my best to help.

Jim

Jim,thanks so much for the information it helps me out a lot.If you could send me some pictures that would be great but i tried sending you a PM with my email but something came up and said I couldnt upload pictures or email addresses until I have made 10 posts.So I guess I'll have to do a few more posts.

Thanks again, BILL

Jim,thanks so much for the information it helps me out a lot.If you could send me some pictures that would be great but i tried sending you a PM with my email but something came up and said I couldnt upload pictures or email addresses until I have made 10 posts.So I guess I'll have to do a few more posts.

Thanks again, BILL

Well, by you count you're half way there now.

Jim

Jim, the measurments you gave me help out alot.I was of on the 4 degree upward angle on the side,bad angle finder,bought a new digital one.The only problem I have is Ithink I have to add more length ,Im at 14 inches from the face of the dash to the face of the firewall.With that the 4 degree outward angle to the body puts me a couple of inches to narrow.Could you tell me the lenghth from the face of your dash to the face of the firewall.
Thanks Bill

Jim, the measurments you gave me help out alot.I was of on the 4 degree upward angle on the side,bad angle finder,bought a new digital one.The only problem I have is Ithink I have to add more length ,Im at 14 inches from the face of the dash to the face of the firewall.With that the 4 degree outward angle to the body puts me a couple of inches to narrow.Could you tell me the lenghth from the face of your dash to the face of the firewall.
Thanks Bill
As close as I can measure I get 15" and that is to the top edge of the dash. The face of the dash has about a 16-17 degree slant. The top edge of the dash is 43" from the outside rear of the body.

Jim

Thanks Jim, Im going out to the garage now and glue up a few more foam blocks and and try cutting it again.Hopefully the third time is the charm.

Bill

Jim, do you know off hand the radius from the top of the firewall to the side? Also is the radius from the top of the dash to the top rail of the body the same?I laid mine out using a 5.5 rad ,it looks close but doesnt look quite right.Could you PM me your email address .That way I could send you mine so you could send some pics.Ineed a couple more posts before im able to pm.

Thanks, Bill

Jim, do you know off hand the radius from the top of the firewall to the side? Also is the radius from the top of the dash to the top rail of the body the same?I laid mine out using a 5.5 rad ,it looks close but doesnt look quite right.Could you PM me your email address .That way I could send you mine so you could send some pics.Ineed a couple more posts before im able to pm.
Thanks, Bill

PM sent.

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back