Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Crane Cams Shut Doors

This is what happens when we buy the CHEAP Chinese CRAP.

This is hard to believe. They have around longer than I can remember. It's sad to see this kind of stuff happening.:sad:

WTH? Man I hate to see this happening. Almost all my donkey sticks were made by Crane. They made good quality camshafts and components!

This is really getting to be pitiful. Started with all the government regulations on certain performance items that we street and with that competition and the economy, and there it all goes

I feel bad since it had been an employee owned company. Not to take this political or global, but we must keep these things in mind with all business.
1. Company management, did they keep up with a changing economy
2. Management again, Were they over pricing to pad the pockets of the top - ie bonuses and perks
3. Another Management, are they sacraficing made in the USA to keep cost down to proect their inflated salaries
4. Labor, did they price themselves out of a job

It is sad to see anyone lose a job or a company fail. But a large majority of the time, management makes bad desicions that affect good workers.

napa carries and stocks crane cams. might be a good time to stock up!!!!

Ron

I wonder if the prices are going to come down as the sellers try to eliminate their stock. I'd pay $50 for a cam kit.

der Spieler said:
I wonder if the prices are going to come down as the sellers try to eliminate their stock. I'd pay $50 for a cam kit.

There's got to be tens of thousands of these cams sitting on shelves all over the country. With no hope for a warranty, the deals should be good.

Then in about 40 years, the NOS cams will be selling for top dollar as classic parts! They will be remembered for the coveted "V8" engines of the past, you know the ones that are illegal to own now because of the new smog laws of 2050. Maybe.

David

Unfortunately in 2050 I'll be 103 so I probably won't be able to make any money on that deal. I guess I was born in the wrong time.

I heard yesterday that Holley Performance Products has filed for bankruptcy: Founded in 1903 by George and Earl Holley, who designed the carburetor for the Ford Model T and built engine parts for war planes during World War II, 105 year old Holley Performance Products, Inc. have filed for bankruptcy on Tuesday, blaming their reasoning on late 1990's expansion resulting in too much debt. With a total of $243 million in debt and $106 million in assets.

Holley Performance Products Announces Bankruptcy Filing

O.K. Lets try again. The Holley story is a year old, Feb. 11, 2008. The only reason it is significant today is because of Crane and other potential chapter 11`s, buyouts, or outright sales (Edelbrock next ?). Crane`s restructuring will come at the blue collar workers expense. Everyone who works for someone else will be told "I can`t pay you that much anymore". The U.S. government has already said there will be, at least in the United States, an realignment of of pay scales, toward a "world standard". That means you in the U.S. will be paid the same as someone in India, if you do the same job. If you do something that is particular to your area or to the United States, that wage or product price will be less because the "world standard" will deem it so. America is no longer a first world country. It will take a LOT of work to get back to where we were. This is just the beginning. Sorry to be so pessimistic on my first real post. That is how I see it.

Next post will be on T`s, I promise, One Finger John.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back