Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Current '27 build

Youngster

VIP
VIP Member
I have never been big on taking pics of my projects. Here are pics of my current build in the mock up stage. At the time i stated this I wanted to build a rat rod. Sorry, just can't do it. Been too many years makin' 'em look nice. I love the '23 style T's, but I fell hard for Bo Jones' modified the first time I saw it.

pic #1...The frame is my standard T bucket frame, 99'' to 105'' wheelbase, tapered rails. The rear is kicked 10'' on this one and the front spring perch is raised 5'' for the spring over front suspension. The spring is a reversed eye sitting above a gennie Mor-drop A axle. MAS hair pins front and back, '40 brakes and cowl steering.

pic #2...Got lucy on the engine. It's a '56 ford 292 out of a restored pickup. It's got around 5000 miles since the factory rebuild. Edlebrook covers and intake with 3 Holley 94's. The trans is a '39 toploader bolted to a Speed Gems adaptor. Mallory distributor with a Petronix conversion. The rest of the engine is stock

pic #3...Stock dash filled with SW guages in a handmake engine turned pannel. "$2, '37 banjo wheel cut down to 15''. 10'' chopped wind shield. "51 F-1 pedals and steering box. Authentic Norma Jean necker knob.

Pic #4...Just an exercise in header building. Willprobably weld up a set of lakes type headers. But these were fun to build from 2 old sets of SBC headers.

Well that's it for pictures. Not pictured are the '42 ford pickup open drive rear end with a T rear spring. '23 oval gas tank mounted to th top of the rails in front of a '27 rear crossmember

I had to take it apart and store it so I could work on a friends '33 Chevy 1 1/2 ton turned into a pickup. SSS ( Small Shop Syndrome ) don't ya know.

What do ya think? Be kind, she's sensitive!

Very nice my friend, Love the front end.

thomas:)

Youngster said:
I have never been big on taking pics of my projects. Here are pics of my current build in the mock up stage. At the time i stated this I wanted to build a rat rod. Sorry, just can't do it. Been too many years makin' 'em look nice. I love the '23 style T's, but I fell hard for Bo Jones' modified the first time I saw it.

pic #1...The frame is my standard T bucket frame, 99'' to 105'' wheelbase, tapered rails. The rear is kicked 10'' on this one and the front spring perch is raised 5'' for the spring over front suspension. The spring is a reversed eye sitting above a gennie Mor-drop A axle. MAS hair pins front and back, '40 brakes and cowl steering.

pic #2...Got lucy on the engine. It's a '56 ford 292 out of a restored pickup. It's got around 5000 miles since the factory rebuild. Edlebrook covers and intake with 3 Holley 94's. The trans is a '39 toploader bolted to a Speed Gems adaptor. Mallory distributor with a Petronix conversion. The rest of the engine is stock

pic #3...Stock dash filled with SW guages in a handmake engine turned pannel. "$2, '37 banjo wheel cut down to 15''. 10'' chopped wind shield. "51 F-1 pedals and steering box. Authentic Norma Jean necker knob.

Pic #4...Just an exercise in header building. Willprobably weld up a set of lakes type headers. But these were fun to build from 2 old sets of SBC headers.

Well that's it for pictures. Not pictured are the '42 ford pickup open drive rear end with a T rear spring. '23 oval gas tank mounted to th top of the rails in front of a '27 rear crossmember

I had to take it apart and store it so I could work on a friends '33 Chevy 1 1/2 ton turned into a pickup. SSS ( Small Shop Syndrome ) don't ya know.

What do ya think? Be kind, she's sensitive!

Hey whats up wit that i didn't 'Glass got surface rust.!!!!

Ya noticed! I can't tell ya how hard it is to get that finish on 'glass!!!

That's going to sweet! I'm glad you didn't fall into the "rat trap". Cars were meant to be nice looking, in my opinion. I never heard a song about pickin' up a girl in a rust bucket.:rolleyes:

You might see it in red oxide...always loved thay shade of primer. Don't know about color yet, I change my mind too often to commit yet.

Oh yeah, Fred, At 62 all I can do is remember pickin' up girls!! Guess I could make a couple of hot passes past the senior center to see what I can flush out though.

Just came in from the shop. The ol' girl was blushing. She says thanks for the kind words.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back