Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Current shop work

Youngster

VIP
VIP Member
I thought you might like to see what Ol' Ron's been up to while (as Todd says) my 'puter was on vacation.

First one is a '27 roadster body that needs a new sub-frame that will fit the '32 frame. here's the body with the 1" square tubing and hat channel that will be the sub-frame.
shopwork005Small.jpg

The frame........
shopwork006Small.jpg

....and the center cross member.
TKO003Small.jpg

I built this frame to go under the body Todd has now. There's a big difference between the steel body and the 'glass one. Will be basically cutting the frame apart and re-jigging it.

The second project is a frame and suspension for a chopped and channeled '31 A pick up.
shopwork008Small.jpg

shopwork007Small.jpg

That's it for now.

Ron

Looks like a good bit of work got done.

I got the Hudson on its wheels and found the rear sits too low. Looking at either remaking the axle saddle or lowering the front mount point of the spring. Possibly both? The front mount actually is where the frame curves up, thinking of extending the flat back to where the mount is.

Looks like you'll have plenty to keep you busy during the long winter months Ron. As usual, you are doing some mighty fine work there!

That would be nice to have all winter to get them done. I want them out by Thanksgiving. Once we get snow, it's hard to get to the shop door. This wniter is for the '33chevy pickup and my '27.

Ron

well as usual i missed the my completion date. here's some shots of the p/u. i have used the rear suspension on a bucket too and found it works well. the front axle is a '35 ford. i used this one here to give more turning radius because if the 17" ford wheels he is using.

jimmys31xx002Small.jpg

jimmys31pu001Small-1.jpg

jimmys31pu003Small-1.jpg

jimmys31pu005Small.jpg

jimmys31pu004Small-1.jpg

just about ready to go out the door

jimmys31xx005Small.jpg

Nice work, Ron.

That's going to be a nice ride when it's finished, shaping up nicely so far.

Looking sharp Ron. Gonna pull it out with sled dogs?

Wow thats coming along nicely!

yeah yodd!!! that's the next problem!!

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back