Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Custom Body

Shawn F.

I am wanting to build a bucket soon and have a design in my head of what I want/like (which will most likely be either a 40's era or 50's era style). I am looking at bodies and here is my ideas. I'd love to use a T bucket body from Speedway or (now I see) Spirit and then make or find a long bed and make a RPU like deal out of it if possible with a low cut fold up and down top. Here is the snag... I want the body to be stretched about 5 or 6 inches and no doors but I do not like the outline of the doors. I was thinking about buying the Speedways or Spirit body and just deal with no stretch but fill in from the inside the door lines and then sand the outside to make them smooth. Would something like this work? What would you guys recommend for something like this?
I do not have to have a RPU, I may just run a tank over the rear end and leave it alone, either way. I want this thing to sit low as well so keep this in mind. Low meaning like Don's T bucket (donsrods).
Thanks a lot for any info!

Shawn F. said:
I am wanting to build a bucket soon and have a design in my head of what I want/like (which will most likely be either a 40's era or 50's era style). I am looking at bodies and here is my ideas. I'd love to use a T bucket body from Speedway or (now I see) Spirit and then make or find a long bed and make a RPU like deal out of it if possible with a low cut fold up and down top. Here is the snag... I want the body to be stretched about 5 or 6 inches and no doors but I do not like the outline of the doors. I was thinking about buying the Speedways or Spirit body and just deal with no stretch but fill in from the inside the door lines and then sand the outside to make them smooth. Would something like this work? What would you guys recommend for something like this?
I do not have to have a RPU, I may just run a tank over the rear end and leave it alone, either way. I want this thing to sit low as well so keep this in mind. Low meaning like Don's T bucket (donsrods).
Thanks a lot for any info!

CCR makes a stretched long body without the door outline. They call it the Smooth body. I beleive Old Dog street rods makes a 40 inch bed too.

I did that. The body was a strecthed body. I had the glass guy back fill the door ridges, then I just gound them flat on the outside, but I went for big doors in mine. It is just like a regular car getting in and out.

vbpgimage.php

Kind of a strange place for the steering column though aint it ?? lol

As suggested, CCR has 'em. I have their regular body and it is plenty strong. I'm sure the stretched one is just as good.

Thanks a lot guys. I will look into that one. I haven't decided yet. I have the image in my head but do not know how to explain it. I'd love to be able to put a chopped removable top on it but not sure if it's possible.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back