Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Dallas Tx

Welcome from the Sunny State of Florida! Bunches of Old Guys running around in T-buckets out here too! Livin the dream!

Howdy! I should be back on the road in another couple of weeks. Looking forward to meeting y'all on the road.

Hey guys. It's been a long time since was on here. I'm still searching for this car that my dad built in the mid 70's. Anyone in the DFW that might have knowledge of it's whereabouts would be greatly appreciated. I have been looking for this car for many years now in hopes I can locate it possibly buy the car back. many years of childhood are wrapped up in this car.

I understand the car is owned by a gentleman in the DFW area today.

Here's the link to the pictures: http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/wan/5100937615.html

I've tried researching the last known license plate number (MS Antique #1196) and have had no luck. I do not have the VIN number or any other official documentation. I would be extremely grateful to anyone who might know anything about this vehicle or offer advice as to how i can track this car without a VIN number. I can't afford to hire a private investigator so my options are pretty much going to be someone seeing the car and getting the owners info on my behalf. I have attached the only pics I have of the car, PLEASE NOTE, these photos are from 1978/79. With the exception of the body, this car was built 100% from scratch by dad and was show quality. There is nothing on the car that could be considered a "kit" part.

Since the 70's & 80's, the car has been thru a couple changes. However, the interior, paint, brass radiator and steering setup still original. Last time I saw the car was in 1986, at that time, it had 70 series tires w/ Cragar Tru-Spoke wheels and a blower intake setup as shown in some of these pics.

The following are some distinguishing characteristics that will identify that this is the car i'm looking for:
1. Hand cut walnut dash with centered gauge cluster (Stewart Warner Gauges)
2. Steering column came from a VW bus, it was shortened and comes up thru the floor straight up n down.
3. The steering wheel was a custom made 6" dropped "T" style with brass spokes and wood ring that was originally purchased from the Florida Rod Shop around 1976/77.
4. The interior was a medium tan color diamond style tufted and pleated.
5. Brass Radiator.
6. Paint color was a 1976 Cadillac "fire-thorn" red.
7. Brass carriage lights on the cowling.
8. 70's style Mustang/Pinto automatic floor shifter
9. It did have some pin striping on the body sides in the door corner area and on the tailgate. Also had a big letter "T" on the cowling at the base of windshield.
10. Originally had a Chevy LT1 350 with an Offenhauser cross-ram intake.
11. TH400 Transmission.
12. Had side "wind wings" that attached to the sides of the windshield frame.
13. Headlights are from a 1931 Chevy.

These pictures will help show some of the car's unique characteristics i spoke about above.

If you have knowledge of where this car is or might be, PLEASE drop me an email or give me a call @ 303-378-4846
gzmethvin@outlook.com

Thanks,
Zack

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back