Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Did I get this right?

very nice,, welcome to the sight from Texas

Ha ha, you noticed that, did you!?! when the car was an altered, it was a sbc, with a powerglide.
In the process of converting to a street car, I realized I had a bone stock, (save for a mild Crower hydraulic cam) 454 truck engine left over from another project.
So, I put it in front of a Saginaw 4-speed, and made room for the big fella. Only weighs 75-100 pounds more than the mouse, and even though it has way less H.P. than the little engine it's visual appeal can't be denied. And, since that hood was built wrong, I simply haven't made another.
I have since decided to replace the Saginaw with a 350 turbo. It will be much easier, both to build, and to drive.
I'm trying my best to save the striping and lettering on this car, it was one of the last the famous Ed Crawford did. He and his son Mike did this car in my 100 degree garage one afternoon. It was magic to watch!
As far as Rick, I honestly don't know. Rick is out of Mesquite, and is known for dirt track engines. Carroll is out of Amarillo, isn't he? Thanks, Mike

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back