Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

does this make my rear end look like a girl?

Russ,

Reading between the lines of your original post, you didn't like the rail to begin with and went "forum shopping" so seek confirmation of what you already knew. I think when you really like something, you know it and don't ask others to confirm your liking it.

When you have something right (like the rest of your beautiful ride) you know it. Now go create whatever
pleases you. JMO

I finally got around to removing the wood railing from the bed cover and then plugged and sanded flush over the holes. I delivered the cover to Gregs upholstery last week, and he had it done this morning. it's hard to get a pic that shows up the raised diamonds that he sewed into the cover, but it looks nice in person. I also made up a drip protector to surround the fuel filler neck. I sure hope Jennifer doesn't figure out what I made it out of ;)

400250147.jpg

400250149.jpg

Russ

So what did you use to make the drip catcher out of?

The bottom of one of Jennifers plastic (food) storage containers. using just the bottom 3/4" and cut a hole in it that the neck fits tightly through.

Russ

Be sure to test whatever you use. Some plastics dissolve over time in gasoline or ethanol.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back