Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Don't make this mistake!

TDitty

Ok I am not bashing speedway I have had success with many of their parts but they cost me alot of time and money over the weekend. A brake kit they offered for the Track T front end does not mount the brake caliper to the 49-54 spindle as advertised. The kit is very nice but the caliper C-brackets will not mount I am thinking the brackets are for the the ball joint style spindles in a mustang II set up not for a T Bucket style set up. I am sure there is a mod I could have done but the kit claimed to be a direct fit (No pic yet ) was on the site at speedway when I bought it. I know I should have laid it all out before mounting rotors and all so now I cannot return it. Any way I had another kit for 49-54 spindles with the correct brackets and calipers and instead of the for 9 1/2 I am now using gm 11". So I guess if you are thinking of buying the kit look some where else or go with a different kit the track T brake kit won't work.
Russ :suicide:

Are you sure you have the correct spindle? The passenger car and the pick up spindle look alike but the mounting holes for the baking plate are different.

Ron

Ron,
They are 49-54 car spindles they are the spindles that speedway sell for the track t front end. I had another brake set up for a 49-54 chevy car that bolted right in. after I used the 67 mustang bearings.

Attachments

• t-18003-356.jpg
    t-18003-356.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 91034306_R.jpg
    91034306_R.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 91632100_F.jpg
    91632100_F.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 5
Ron,
is a pic of the spindles I am using 91632100_F.jpg here is the bracket speedway sent me with the kit 91034306_R.jpg here is the spindle these brackets go to definately not track tt-18003-356.jpg

Russ

tDITTY,those caliper brackets are stock ford mustang II ,they will bolt on to your stock 49/54 chev spindles WITH a special bracket that speedway has. I've got them on mine! {about 10 years ago is when I got mine, I'll look inspeedway's catalog and see if I can find an image.

dave

O.K. just looked, thier on page 4 of the online catalog in brake section,'bout half way down the page. If you find the picture, you'll see a bracket that's shaped like a "7". Itgoes from the upper front spindle ear to the thru hole in the ford bracket,, then lower part of bracket [ford] bolts thru lower rear ear of the spindle . Hope this helps?!

dave

It shows a picture of the assembled unit with the piece Dave wrote about.

Ron

ok thanks guys I just wish they would tell you these things in the add.

ok if you order the Track T brake kit make sure you order this kit to or it wont work what a pain in the ass and wallet 1974-80 Pinto to Early Chevy Spindle Kit, Plain Steel Item #: 91631905 This has the bearings, seals, and adapters needed to be honest dont order the track T kit. order this one it is the same kit for the same price only with everything you need the only difference is you dont get the nifty ss braided brake lines whoopty damn doo.Mustang II to Early Chevy Spindles Brake Kit Item #: 91031947

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back