Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Down for winter

gfigms

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Parked the T yesterday for the winter even if it does not get that cold\bad here in north Texas.

45 minutes later, the gas tank is drained and out of car. Battery on trickle charge. Radiator drained and removed. Windshield is stored and top is off. Body came off in about 3 minutes. In others words, I have taken the T down to just engine, transmission and frame.

Several things to do: find and fix two oil leaks; find and fix transmission leak; build paint booth in garage; replace front disc brakes, rotors and hubs; sand, primer, body fill, sand some more and then get on to the task of painting. Going to try the paint process myself ... never done anything like this before. Car has been "gel-coat" since I started.

Target is March to have everything done and back together ... if the winter season is somewhat mild.

Mine is also going to be torn down starting tomorrow.Thinking about putting a 6" extension in the body.Get pics as you progress.Helps keep us northwoods people blood pumping.

I got a book at the Turkey Run, Paint your car on a budget. SA117 Performance How To Do. I really like it and I'm just about half way through the first read. I am in the paint products now. Great book and I highly recomend. Let me know if you need more info to find it. midlifeclassiccars.com should have it.

Putz, any idea how you are going to add the 6". My wife would love that!

Going to look into it tomorrow probably put 6 inches just behind the raised door shape on the side.Going to rip out the interior to see what i find in the next couple of nights pics to follow.

Going to look into it tomorrow probably put 6 inches just behind the raised door shape on the side.Going to rip out the interior to see what i find in the next couple of nights pics to follow.
I have been wanting to do that since day one. I already cut out the floor board to slide back but then a builder from up north said if I cut it it would always crack there at a joint so I wussed out.

Now Ive been thinking just to extend the lower fire wall a few inches??? Just think'in.

Well, guess what? We woke up to snow in north Texas this morning. Got maybe 1/2" around here and by noon it was all gone. They are forecasting more this week and temps in the 20s ... I moved from Chicago to get away from that!

Ugh!

Well, guess what? We woke up to snow in north Texas this morning. Got maybe 1/2" around here and by noon it was all gone. They are forecasting more this week and temps in the 20s ... I moved from Chicago to get away from that!

Ugh!

Good thing it only snows here about once a year if were lucky... Im surprised it snowed this early but with the crazy summer we had, its bound to be a crazy winter... its almost hit or miss here in texas... From the time I was born til I joined the military at 17, I only saw snow twice, I never left fort worth...

Ugh!

Supposed to snow again Friday Dec 4th in the DFW area. I have a feeling this is going to be a wet and cold winter, given we had a mild summer.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back