Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

E-bay T-bucket bodies

I bought from the last seller listed. I went with one of his double door bodies and have been impressed so far. Barry is a good guy and will take time to talk with you on the phone if needed. I would buy from him again.

it looks like the second and third are the same bobies?? the pics on E-bay look the same...

Who is MAS?

jimbo... double doors?? is the glass hand layed are or???

it looks like the second and third are the same bobies?? the pics on E-bay look the same...

Who is MAS?

jimbo... double doors?? is the glass hand layed are or???

The 2nd and 3rd bodies I do believe are made by the same folks (father & son) even though the towns aren't the same. These are the same people that used to produce the bodies for MAS prior to them shutting down. From what Barry told me MAS used to like to cut corners to save a dime and probably cost them much more in the end.
Double door meaning I ordered a body with both a passenger and a drivers door. I didn't see them listed on either page but if you contact either I'm sure they can fix you up. I'm thinking that they are probably backed up on orders is why they don't have them offered. Sounds like I was lucky when I ordered mine.

The 2'nd and 3'rd bodies look the same. The manufacturer is in Paynesville, MN and I'm just wondering if the Gibbon MN location is just a re-seller which explains the price difference.

I drove down to Paynesville to pick one up and brought it back up to Winnipeg shortly after the demise of MAS. Nothing really wrong with it, seems to be fairly straight and I know that I'll have to wood the body for strength. He also makes the pickup bed and the fiberglass seat insert. I didn't go for the insert because I wanted some storage space under the seat.

1/8" thickness isn't all that bad once you take into consideration the frame work that will be incorporated into the final construction of the body, flooring, and seating. You won't be riding around in a 1/8" thick final product. If you do have a big concern for safety all you would need to do is add a layer of glass matting to the interior of the shell, prior to final construction.

I used MAS bodies all the time. Just wood the bodies and they will be fine. Refer to pictures on the NTBA site under Carolina chapter. Bruce

We bought three of the bodies from the seller in Paynesville. the guy making them was the one that made them for MAS, but only in the last few years. We looked at them at MAS just before they closed and they looked better than the ones they were selling 10 years ago. When we went to pick up the 3 bodies in Paynesville, we met the guy who makes them at his house. He ownes an industrial fiberglass company and made these along with all kinds of other stuff. for $250 they are a good deal if you want in cheap and you're willing to spend a bit more of your time. They we're not far off the Spirit body that I had bought 5 years ago. He can sell them cheap as he can make one a day along with everything else he's produicing. he's not a one-man shop. From my understanding, its his son that is doing the ebay business. The ones with the same pic of the body that are more on ebay must be someone reselling them.

I saw the First body at Kenny's Rod and Customs first hand
It was very well built seemed to be very thick layup of fiberglass
The only thing I did not like was the driveshaft tunnel

I saw the First body at Kenny's Rod and Customs first hand
It was very well built seemed to be very thick layup of fiberglass
The only thing I did not like was the driveshaft tunnel

Couldn't that be changed to your liking? The price looks good but would like to have both doors open.

I dont know about 2 doors opening. These things are flimsy no matter how much you do. I saw a '56 T Bird bend when they pulled the body off the frame once.

I dont know about 2 doors opening. These things are flimsy no matter how much you do. I saw a '56 T Bird bend when they pulled the body off the frame once.
I bought one with double doors. Its a thick body with a heavy 2" flange around the edge from door to door. The trick is maintain the 1/8 gap around the doors throughout the build process. Since I've wooded and added glass, I have no concerns with flex. Once the body is mounted to the frame I feel the body flex issues will be null and void.

I bought one with double doors. Its a thick body with a heavy 2" flange around the edge from door to door. The trick is maintain the 1/8 gap around the doors throughout the build process. Since I've wooded and added glass, I have no concerns with flex. Once the body is mounted to the frame I feel the body flex issues will be null and void.

Good info, I'm doing body work on my Spirit 2 door body now and was wondering the same thing on door gaps.

Good info, I'm doing body work on my Spirit 2 door body now and was wondering the same thing on door gaps.
The best way I've come up with so far to keep the 1/8 gap around the door is to use paint sticks from Lowes as shims and clamps to hold it all in place. I use 3 sticks per door. One on each side and one across the bottom.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back