Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Electric shifter for TH350?

trogdor

I'm looking at shifters and am wondering if anyone has made an electric shifter for a TH350? I can get a 12v linear actuator pretty easily, and I have a background in electronics so I think I could put it together. But I don't know if it is a good idea. I was thinking buttons or a knob on the dash to shift, would save some space too. Any examples of this?

I'm looking at shifters and am wondering if anyone has made an electric shifter for a TH350? I can get a 12v linear actuator pretty easily, and I have a background in electronics so I think I could put it together. But I don't know if it is a good idea. I was thinking buttons or a knob on the dash to shift, would save some space too. Any examples of this?
Look for posts from a member named Potvinguy. He has done it and provided a nice little write-up.

I'll try to look later on when I have a little more time and see if I can find it. If I can I'll post a link.

Speaking of Potvinguy, has anyone heard anything since the stroke rumor? But yeah, he did the electric shift with success. No reason not to if it suits your build. As valuable as real estate is inside the buckets, less space spent on bulky items is a benefit.

Fletch I am the one that saw the report about the stroke but I have not seen or heard anything about it so far....I sure hope he is doing OK and still can cruise with us........

Attachments

• Electric Shifter 2.pdf
    115.1 KB · Views: 5
Speaking of Potvinguy, has anyone heard anything since the stroke rumor?
You have to enter an email address when you register for this website. But that would have to come from the @WebMistress . Maybe she would email him and see if she can find out any info.

All right all of the crew on here that wanted to hear from Potvinguy, I had his email address so I sent him an email and I just got a response from him. He said he did spend some time in the hospitals and did have some small strokes, but he is on the mend and he comes here once in awhile but he don't do much typing lately. He will show up here from time to time and respond soon.

He wanted me to tell all of you THANKS for Thinking of him and that he is doing OK just a little weak and tired all the time so Hang in there I am sure he will be back soon...........

Mike said that.....

It’s true. You feel like you know some folks here even though you’ve never met them. Reading their posts give a good idea of who they are.

I was with him at the Springfield Nationals in 2018 and he's a very nice guy. Very knowledgeable about cars, esp. electrical stuff, which I am very ignorant on. (He drove his car from Minnesota to Springfield by the way!)

Attachments

• Spanky & Potvin Guy.jpg
    Spanky & Potvin Guy.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Good to hear that he is on the mend. I’ve whitnessed the effects of stroke, first hand, with my wife. It’s a big deal. Hope he has a full recovery. I hate to hear of people experiencing hard times.

I spent a bunch of time with him in Green Bay Nationals he does have a very kool car. I know the stroke problems also and I hope he will come through without major problems.............I will try to stay in touch with him and let all us know some updates...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back