Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Fiberglass roof?

crazydavey

Post edited to remove links - Please read the forum rules
Saw this on craigslist, thought I might let yall know about it.

<LINK REMOVED>

I don't have enough posts yet to post a proper link it seems, but you can copy and paste the above into your browser.

Wow, worse than I thought, can't even put in a non clicky link because I don't have enough posts? Search the <INSTRUCTIONS REMOVED> .....

h. Spam is not tolerated on the T-Bucket Forums under any circumstances. This includes posting a URL to your services, affiliate links, or a competing Web site. This rule also includes sending spam via private messages. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed or edited. Links to offensive or competitive sites will be removed at the sole discretion of the T-Bucket Forums staff members.

I don't feel I have done anything wrong. This is the closest thing I could find in the rules. The problem is it was not a post to my services, it was not an affiliate link, and I don't see a sales website as a competing web site. Therefore, I did not spam so why is my post edited?

Also, putting in a non clicky url is not trying to circumvent your rules. A url is not a link, unless it is clicky. The being able to click part is what makes it a link.

That being said, anything else I find that may be of use to members here, I will just have to keep to myself. Sorry.

Gee, thanks for attempting to edify me on when a URL is a link and when it isn't. Silly me, because after three decades I have been calling those 'clicky' things anchor text, or clickable links. Did I say anything about you posting a clickable link? You are entitled to your own definition for anything you like. But around here, your definition isn't going to fly. Simple because a URL has not been set up as anchor text does not make it any less a link. Argue the point however you wish, but please be aware I am most certainly not the person you want to be arguing with around here.

No need for you to quote my own rules to me. I've used them for over a decade on multiple sites and feel I am quite familiar with them.

But since we are talking about quoting rules, how about me quoting a couple of them to you? If that is acceptable to you, of course, as Heaven only knows I wouldn't want to upset your tender sensibilities.
b. Arguing with T-Bucket Forums staff members after having received an infraction or warning will lead to an immediate additional infraction. Should this exceed three strikes a permanent ban will be the result, as above.

c. T-Bucket Forums members who feel they have received an infraction unfairly are welcome to contact the Administrator of this forum, in ONE (1) Private Message. If it is determined the infraction was issued unfairly, the infraction may (or may not) be lifted.
And just since you seem to enjoy picking fly specks out of pepper, a quick check of Post #2 of this thread will clearly show I made absolutely no mention of you violating any rules.

Frankly, I'm thinking you would have been a lot better off to have kept the content of Post #4 to yourself. But hey, what do I know? I'm just the guy that runs this place.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back