Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Finally finished car

saltgrassdrifter

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Finally got my ride finished and street legal.Monday night got the carberator tune right decided to take a ride.Snuck out of town without getting spotted by the cops headed for an old backroad.I figured that I would see what it would do from a dead stop. I hit the gas and heard a bang then felt some viberations I thought that I may have broke the rearend,limped on home and backed it in the garage.When I got out I noticed the radius rods bent and a dent in my new red powder coated gas tank where the rearend yolk had hit it.I had an appointment at the DPS waiver station on Tuesday.So i broke out the old torch and rosebud heated the radius rods up and beat them straight.the next morning before getting it inspected I bought a can of that chrome paint and painted them.Well I got it inspected and then got it titled and the plates at the courthouse.Now I need to get a set of radius rods that won't bend these were Speedway ain't using them anymore.What type do y'all recommend?Thanks Steve

I think Ron Pope (RPM) even has replacements for the Speedway radius rods. Yours aren't the first ones that failed! He supports this site so we need to support him. He is fast, good and cheap which is RARE in the hot rod world!

Ron makes top quality parts at top quality prices. Great products without screwed on price.

He is fast, good and cheap which is RARE in the hot rod world!
Oh, dear, now the whole world knows Ron is cheap. :rofl:

Well, he might be cheap, but just remember he's not easy! :no:

I appreciate how you fellows are always ready to remind others about doing business with our sponsors. They help support this site, so please remember them when it is time to purchase some new bits and bobs for your project cars.

Saltgrassdrifter, remember freight is based on weight, so the ones you bought (and BROKE) were cheaper to ship!! The agony of the cheaper part will remain long after sweetness of the savings is gone.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back