Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Finally, its a roller!!

Coupefreak

I finally got to spend some "quality time" in the shop this weekend. got the C-cab chassis sitting on all fours.:cool:

now I gotta get the cab ready to set on the chassis....then the engine and tranny....then plumbing, and wiring..........:rolleyes:

chassis1.jpg

I'm working in cramped quarters right now, gotta share space with the lawn mowers, and assorted other "crap":eek:

Vance

Just me here now, If you want a much softer ride, those coils could be mounted in front of the rear axle, and inside the frame rails... Lookin good.. :rolleyes: PS, by keeping your springs in front of the rear axle, this also helps to lessen the chance of wheel stands for many chassis designs. :)

What c-cab body are you useing. I am looking at building a c-cab and have been looking at different options. THANKS

As far as shocks go, I drill a set (drain out the fluid) to mount in the middle of the coils, just to hold things together only.. Then I mount a set of shocks where they will work the best for what I want, and it usually is not where the springs are, or that angle.. again, just Me...:rolleyes:

Looks great! Did you have your wife push you around the yard while you made car noises?:lol:

for the center mount (stud mount shocks) go to autozone or advanced auto.

see if they have rear shocks for a chrysler lebaron.. i think those are the ones that were on my chassis along time ago.. they are in the garbage now i could get a part number if its on the shock body..

Old worn out shocks are good for travel stops, drill a hole in them to drain out any fluid, so they just work as stops, in both directions, Mt to where they trave the amount you want you chassis to travel, without hurting your rear U joints... very important...:lol:

debgeo said:
What c-cab body are you useing. I am looking at building a c-cab and have been looking at different options. THANKS

I was lucky, or unlucky, depends on how you look at it........ to acquire a steel C-cab, just the cab.
c-cab02.jpg

its rough, don't know if I can straighten it out good enough......or if I'll wind up with a 'glas T-bucket body........jury is still out:lol:

Vance

Vance, you let me know if your not going to use that C-cab body!!!!

Ron

Looking good, I'm still laying out my suspension. With hopes to be where you are by the end of May. What size are the tubes for you radius arms and front hairpins?

T4TWO said:
Looking good, I'm still laying out my suspension. With hopes to be where you are by the end of May. What size are the tubes for you radius arms and front hairpins?

Those are RPM specials :cool::D
the are 1" and BEEFY:thumbsup:
I would highly recommed talking to Ron, he can hook you up:)

Vance

Shock Part Numbers......

Great job Coupefreak ! Glad to see the rear coils, somethin a little different, and cheap......

Because that rear coil set up looks like the set up on the old Car Craft Project T ( that I started several times and never finished..) Here is the part numbers for the shocks. I bought mine at Auto Zone.

Auto Zone Part Number : 82099 ( 64 corvair ,front,) I think I paid ....$12.00/pair ! Plain Jane black painted, gas filled..

Dimentions: Shock body length= 8 1/2" to the bottom mounting flange
Rod Length= 7 3/4 " from the top of the body to the end of the rod.
Body Diameter= 1 3/4"

These mount with two bolts on the bottom and a single nut on the end of the rod. Up thru the center of the coil.....
Make sure you have a good Panard or Watts link in there.....

Hope this helps in some way ! Good luck and keep up the good work !
:cool: "BH"

HI Ya Vance
Was wondering whatcha been up too ..
Looking good ...

Looking good Vance, A little work and that C Cab will look great. :D

RocknT said:
HI Ya Vance
Was wondering whatcha been up too ..
Looking good ...

Thanks for the info BH, I greatly appreciate it!!
watts link goes on next. only got one bracket in the kit from Speedway, having another one made as we speak.

Hey Fred......how's things up in Moore County???
I was up your way last week, business,:)
I'll be heading to Kansas soon, may get with ya for a quick "meet and greet":cool::lol:

Vance

You are welcome to come by here anytime ..

RocknT said:
You are welcome to come by here anytime ..

PM me your address and phone number again........:eek::rolleyes:

I know you are right off 287 & 6th......right :confused:

Vance

Ted Brown said:
Just me here now, If you want a much softer ride, those coils could be mounted in front of the rear axle, and inside the frame rails... Lookin good.. :) PS, by keeping your springs in front of the rear axle, this also helps to lessen the chance of wheel stands for many chassis designs. :lol:

Why would anyone want to lesson the chance of wheelstands in their C-Cab?

Lenny

Third DodgeBrother said:
Why would anyone want to lesson the chance of wheelstands in their C-Cab?

Lenny

If I do happen to "wheelstand" my C-cab.......it certainly will be a lesson:lol::eek:.......most likely on upholstery re-covering;);)

Vance

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back