Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Finally Rolling

kyle

After a few months of time off from the garage I have finally found some motovation to do something.Found some stub axles at a swap meet and after what seems like forever it is finally rolling.Just have to do steering arms and draglinks and it will steer.hopefully attachments will appear:lol:

take some leafs out of your front spring to get it down to give clearance for your tie rod... and i see you have a rear suspension clearance problem, with the bed...lower that top 4 bar mount... You are coming right along nicely...

It's coming together Kyle, won't be long now.

Is that a VW bus steering box? Any chance of a photo of the box from the top with a ruler in the picture? Looks like a neat solution just wondered if it would fit in mine. Thanks Pete

Not to bust in but it looks like an early bus box. I have never understood why these didn't catch on like the corvair did. Unless they are harded to find. My current project is the 3rd one I have used. We were going to use a corvair on this one but had a few clearance problems. The mount has five mount holes and you can pivot the box to get the best angle. Not sure what dimension you need but if you don't get an answer let me know.
Randall

SreeringBox1.jpg

2009:rofl::dance::rofl: Sorry i couldnt help it.

Great job! I dig that cool intake. I have not seen one of those in a long time.

I know i dont know what came over me.But i DID say i was sorry.

Hope ya didnt get any on ya.Any way all the VW Bus's had that steering box thru the sixtys and early seventys.

tfeverfred said:
Great job! I dig that cool intake. I have not seen one of those in a long time.

What type of intake is that? of course I can see the carbs that mounted on there. :dance:

Ted Brown said:
take some leafs out of your front spring to get it down to give clearance for your tie rod... and i see you have a rear suspension clearance problem, with the bed...lower that top 4 bar mount... You are coming right along nicely...

Ain't any point in taking out leafs until there is full weight on the car. No radiator, coolant, crank, cam, pistons, oil, etc etc etc...... will add more wieght and flatten the spring more.

dovehunter79 said:
What type of intake is that? of course I can see the carbs that mounted on there. :D

Yeah, c:cool::cool:l intake. Now that would be something different for my build.

You got her rolling. Now complete the rest of the build and keep us informed. Looks good man.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.Yeah I had no trouble with the vw box.Very simple to use as steering column is attached directly to box and angle is adjustable to suit your needs.Four bar set up clears the tray just the angle of photo is misleading.Intake is a crossfire injection manifold off a early corvette/camaro which i found at a swapmeet,throttle bodies and all.machined up a 6mm aluminium plate and bolted a couple of 600's on it,just to be different now i just have to make the linkages work:confused:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back