Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Finilly getting around to a Intro:

joes23t

Just got back home from Goargia. Hopfully here for a while.I live in Virginia Beach Va. I "ve been a Commercial Diver for the past 18 years working all over this fine country. My love for cars goes back as far as i can remember. I have had street cars Mostly Dodges and 1 AMC SCRAMBLER. The bucket come about by way of a frend of mine that did nothing with it when he got it.Over the years I always told him that if he were to get rid of it I would Buy it . That day came back in 2002 Its condition was a roller. Motor ran but needed a trans. the car was built in the 70's and appeared to have a lot of crome (thats was pealing off now)frontend,hair pins, and ladder bar and along with a head light and shock tower bracket that went from one side to the other. Right away I replaced the trans, the motor smoked so it was time for a rebuild and the three duces were intrduced to the car after alot of miles now behind me I got tired of riding a brick down the road. Looking for a softer ride and the briliant idea of the jag rear was then introduced to the car. Lucky I bought 2 for the price of 1 in a great deal. 2006 plans were changing TIME FOR THE BLOWER. The motor was rebuilt once agin to ready it for the blower (forged rods,crank and blower pistons and a blower grind cam from lanotti and now head work all ss valves) the motor has very low compression 7 to 1 acomplished by a copper .100 head gasket. Now back to the brilliant idea of the jag rear and the luck of 2. The new motor runs very strong and not holding anything back it puts out 12 pounds of boost. after blowing out jag rear #1 last summer I was able to install #2 and now afraid to get on it agin (12 bolt looking better all the time)Idon't want to miss another summer cruse. While most are building there bucket the way they want I am slowly trans forming mine the way I wan't. MOTER ON!

I have as much fun wrenching on them, as I do driving them.

You got that right Bruce and a matter of self satifaction. Some one asked me back when I blow out the last rear end If I was showing off. I had to replie No I was impressing myself. What else could be said when no one else was around. MOTOR ON!

I really love your attitude and welcome aboard!:lol: I think I answered before about the rearend. The 12 bolt sounds like the way to roll. Maybe rear shock selection could ease the ride.

ther is something old school about seeing axels move and just things turning that you dont see every day and I still think it looks cool
The cool facter counts for alot RIGHT.

joes23t said:
ther is something old school about seeing axels move and just things turning that you dont see every day and I still think it looks cool

I feel the same way about my wire wheels. There's nothing better than watching them turn!:lol: Cool is good.

joes23t said:

Thats the thing about buckets, everything is out in the open. The beauty of mechanics that all move together in a symphony for the eyes, like watching the gears in a watch.

At Back to the Fifties about 15 years ago, I saw a T that had an home made IRS that was chromed to the hilt. The cool part of it was the guy made the half shafts out of hex stock. Can you imagine what that looked like ahead of you on a sunny day?

Ron

Welcome, hang around, lots of great folks here:cool:

Vance

Hi Joes23,
Just curious, what part or parts of the Jag rear #1 broke? Im planning on using a Jag rear with a blown small block.

Bill what happend was that I sheered the pinion then the gear rolled into and down the ring gear pushing it out of the housing distroying the whole thing minis the axel and lower control arms as it forced it way through the housing it also bent the lower control arme bracket the one that holds the arm to the houseing. You want to give yourself a high five complementing yourself on the power that you got but then reality sets in as you start walking. their neat looking ,functional but they have alot of posible breaking points like 6 u joints. If I can help in any way let me know Joe

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back