Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

fitting a 4-speed in a t-bucket

I am having an issue trying to find a brake/clutch pedal assembly that will fit in my t-bucket. I have a Saginaw 4-speed and about 5.5" between the frame rail and linkage. Any suggestions?

Probably of no help but I made mine. Pretty simple, 2 pivots ,common shaft , M/C to the rear, rod to the frt. to a bellcrank off the bellhousing, pushrod from bellcrank to clutch fork... Have no love for juice clutches, too much to go bad. J.M.O.

dave

How about under dash system?

I hope that when I get to that part of my build I don't have too many issues. Because I too am using a SBC with a 4 speed trans. & 9" rear end. I've been toying with either cable or hyd. clutch system. Cause we all know brakes are brakes its just weather or not to go power assisted (if possible for you?) I'd be willing to discuss and ideas or thoughts with you.

I have a cable setup on my T and I'm totally happy with the results. my bellhousing came from a Blazer which had a cable clutch to begin with, so the throw out arm operated in the "correct" dirrection already however. as to the pedal setup, I used a cut down pedal and bracket assy from a Pinto. add two pulley assy from a Corvair (both also cable clutch vehicles) and wala. ;)
On my model A, I have Wilwood master cyl and pedal assy hung under the dash, and Wilwood slave on a fabricated bracket on the side of the bellhousing. I hate the internal slaves, but with external ones I've never had any problems at all.

Russ

My Northstar engine has a similar bell housing pattern as the 60* chev v-6, so the blazer must have been mid 80s. I purchased from a pile of housings in the wreaking yard, and the only reason I even know it was a Blazer is because the yard owner recognized it as such. the pedal assy was from a 72 Pinto, and the pulleys from a 66 Corvair, but just about any year Pinto or Corvair will do. this is the best picture I could find, wile I'm here at work. you can see the upper pulley above the MC. another pulley down behind the water pump (that turbo looking thing ;) ). then there's a bellcrank on the side of the block behind the rear header tube which redirrects the cable back to the throw out arm. there's an adjustmant between the bell crank and clutch arm for free play adjustment.

Russ

389843163.jpg

389843162.jpg

Looks pretty cool you don't barely see it. I'm thinking about going to a floor mount instead of a un/dash mount.. So I still got aways to go I'm hoping for this summer so we'll see how good I can design something

Sorry, I've looked for the other photos of this bracket assembly and I cannot find them. As far as a shot showing the leg/foot room, there is no room left. Once the pedals and column are mounted they need to be bent to fit the space, it's very tight and something you have to deal with when running a manual trans. The actual bracket is made by Pete & Jakes, we modify the bracket to fit our chassis width and our pedals (we do not do enough of these to cut the parts ourselves). Diane looked up the prices for me but I must have left the paper on my desk, I will post them Tuesday.

Manual trans. pedal assy 2.jpgManual trans. pedal assy 3.jpgManual trans. pedal assy 4.jpgManual trans. pedal assy.jpg

Dude. Speedway has a hydraulic throwout bearing just for a saginaw..just run a braid line from the cylinder to the bearing in the bellhousing.. it replace the manual throwout..its ony io bucks

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back